The Student Room Group

university application help please!!!

When entering your AS/A2 grades my teacher told me to put the AS grade of the subject I dropped and then put your other 3 subjects as pending under A2? Is this the way we are suppose to do it. She said not to put all 4 of your as grades in?

Scroll to see replies

She's right. You haven't actually cashed in your 3 continued subjects for their AS levels. You have cashed in your dropped A level for an AS. So that's the final grade you'll receive in that subject. The others are yet to have the full A level completed.
Reply 2
Original post by Student403
She's right. You haven't actually cashed in your 3 continued subjects for their AS levels. You have cashed in your dropped A level for an AS. So that's the final grade you'll receive in that subject. The others are yet to have the full A level completed.

Ohh, so shall I just leave my other 3 subjects as a2 and pending?
Original post by jakei1234
Ohh, so shall I just leave my other 3 subjects as a2 and pending?

Yeah :smile: Only enter the one you're dropping's grade
Reply 4

cool thanks!
cool thanks!

Good luck ^^
Reply 6

One more thing! When uploading the personal statement from word to the ucas form do we have to leave spaces because my paragraphs don't look separate
One more thing! When uploading the personal statement from word to the ucas form do we have to leave spaces because my paragraphs don't look separate

I think if you leave a line between them in MS Word, then you'll leave a line on UCAS. But I don't think this is necessary. Check by going to the final details and re-sizing the preview box to see if your paragraphs start on a new line.
Reply 8
I think if you leave a line between them in MS Word, then you'll leave a line on UCAS. But I don't think this is necessary. Check by going to the final details and re-sizing the preview box to see if your paragraphs start on a new line.

It doesn't let me re-size the preview box?
It doesn't let me re-size the preview box?

Sorry - I think it's somewhere in the corner of the interface under "Personal Statement" - not final details. My bad
Reply 10
Sorry - I think it's somewhere in the corner of the interface under "Personal Statement" - not final details. My bad

found it thanks!
Reply 11

The first few paragraphs adjusted well, but towards the end it is still unclear where the paragraphs start and end despite trying to adjust the section box in many ways. What should I do now
The first few paragraphs adjusted well, but towards the end it is still unclear where the paragraphs start and end despite trying to adjust the section box in many ways. What should I do now

Try hitting enter after the last sentence of one of your paragraphs. If there is now a blank line, that means you can undo this and your paragraphs should be there.
When entering your AS/A2 grades my teacher told me to put the AS grade of the subject I dropped and then put your other 3 subjects as pending under A2? Is this the way we are suppose to do it. She said not to put all 4 of your as grades in?

Put all your AS' in and the grades end date June 2015 then put the ones you carry over as pending A2s ending June 2016- if you are re-sitting any AS modules put them in as separate units with pending and end date June 2016 too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by BGreen123
Put all your AS' in and the grades end date June 2015 then put the ones you carry over as pending A2s ending June 2016- if you are re-sitting any AS modules put them in as separate units with pending and end date June 2016 too

Posted from TSR Mobile

The other person said the opposite?
Reply 15
I didn't put in all my grades
Reply 16
wrong forum maybe ?
Reply 17

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3731757&p=60698297#post60698297

everyone's saying to enter the as grades on this thread? I'm confused..
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3731757&p=60698297#post60698297

everyone's saying to enter the as grades on this thread? I'm confused..

Okay I've made a slight mistake here. I'm so sorry.

GCE Advanced Subsidiary (first award 2001) should all be filled in for every AS level you took with the grade you received.

For the ones you are continuing to A2, add the GCE Advanced Level or whatever your school does and leave that as pending.

So if you took 4 AS and 3 A2, you fill in 4 AS with your 4 grades. Then add another 3 for 2016 exams and leave those as pending.

Sorry for the confusion :frown: But I checked just now and that's what I did (and I'm sure it's right because I've started getting offers haha)

If you go to a state school, then your AS grades will have been cashed in.

You need to declare them, as they are qualifications in their own right, and also add the A2 grades as pending to show which subjects you are carrying on to A2.

If you don't go to a school which cashes in AS grades, it's still advisable to declare them, otherwise admissions tutors will assume you have something to hide.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending