The Student Room Group

Did God or the Big Bang create the universe? (vague title)

Poll

God creating the universe? God?

Just wondering. (I know my title is weird, I don't know how else to phrase it.)
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

wat
I believe those two theories and I believe that the bible exists.
I believe in God.
This would be interesting in a poll form.
I 'believe' in the big bang.
My current belief is science, just because it makes more sense.
You give me stronger evidence of God, I'll start believing in the fella instead.
Big Bang because I don't follow Christianity and its beliefs. Also follow science.
Original post by hannahalicia
Just wondering

Both.... the Quran says both
I personally don't believe in the existence of God - the arguments for his existence are too weak and their criticisms are very strong in my opinion.
Who created God? What is a God? Where is a God? Why is a God? .... Exactly
Big bang, because I trust the Scientific Method. However, to be fair, the two are not mutually exclusive.

Do I think the God of Abraham exists (the God in Christianity, Islam and Judaism)? Highly unlikely, in my opinion. But do I think any sort of God exists? No clue, but I'm leaning more towards a no, just because of the sheer absence of evidence (as of yet).
Original post by XOR_
Who created God? What is a God? Where is a God? Why is a God? .... Exactly

Yes! They are all my questions. I just find it really interesting to see what other peoples views are.
Original post by mil88
Both.... the Quran says both

May I ask where exactly in the Qur'an it talks about the big bang? Because I am reading it currently and would love to see what it says :smile:
People say God created the universe. We know the universe was created by the Big bang, therefore the Big bang is God :h:
You can't "believe in" a scientific theory. You can only accept the evidence that supports it
also how does this work, if God gets more votes he magically exists?
(edited 5 years ago)
What is it with all these bait threads?
i believe in miracles

Spoiler

Georges Lemaître, the man who proposed the theory was a Catholic priest. I imagine he didn't think the two were mutually exclusive.
Original post by BristolFresher15
May I ask where exactly in the Qur'an it talks about the big bang? Because I am reading it currently and would love to see what it says :smile:

Beware Muslims have a notoriety for praising the Qurans scientific facts which ended up being "true" (obscure enough to have tiny bit of substance) then hiding its mistakes claiming they were mere metaphors.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending