The Student Room Group

which country best represents islam?

Scroll to see replies

Saudi Arabia obv
Original post by noor.m
I don't think any country can be the best at representing a religion.

Why? A country that accommodates or better yet provides the services and infrastructure to carry out the civil and legal necessities of that religion clearly represent that religion better than a country that does none of these things
Original post by Ribbit1234
I think India or Turkey , Indian Muslims and Turkish Muslims are calm. Indonesian ones too. The rest, especially some of them Arabs can be nut jobs. It's unfortunate that people like that and those countries are chosen to represent Islam.

Oh really?

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10156153852965012
Original post by VETwannabe
Not Saudi, they're the extreme end of Islam. What you're after is a country like Malaysia. I think they're pretty good at striking a balance so that they're not being too extreme or too liberal :smile:

What is extreme islam? Following the Hadiths and Shariah to the letter?

How is that extreme. Its perfectly non extreme.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
What is extreme islam? Following the Hadiths and Shariah to the letter?

How is that extreme. Its perfectly non extreme.

Have you seen the way Saudi oppresses it's women? Easiest example is that they don't let women drive cars. That's not Islam. also the be-headings going on - I doubt the crime is bad enough for those to be justified. Saudi is really extreme. I don't trust that country any more after seeing how it's supporting organisations that completely go against Islam. Mecca/Medina will always be important because of their significance in Islam, but as for the country itself, some of its leaders seem to be power hungry and money hungry, rich, old men. I feel like they're losing touch with their own religion a little. But I suppose I can't judge them too harshly because I don't know the inns and outs of what Saudi is like, nor the intentions of it's leaders.

...I just realised that your second sentence might have been sarcasm..was it? It's hard to tell :redface:
Reply 45
Original post by #NotAPseudonym
Which country best represents Christianity?

Russia
Original post by VETwannabe
Have you seen the way Saudi oppresses it's women? Easiest example is that they don't let women drive cars. That's not Islam. also the be-headings going on - I doubt the crime is bad enough for those to be justified. Saudi is really extreme. I don't trust that country any more after seeing how it's supporting organisations that completely go against Islam. Mecca/Medina will always be important because of their significance in Islam, but as for the country itself, some of its leaders seem to be power hungry and money hungry, rich, old men. I feel like they're losing touch with their own religion a little. But I suppose I can't judge them too harshly because I don't know the inns and outs of what Saudi is like, nor the intentions of it's leaders.

...I just realised that your second sentence might have been sarcasm..was it? It's hard to tell :redface:

No wasnt sarcasm. I understand what your saying and the thing you mention about beheadings, almost nothing deserves beheading. That is Shariah law for you, its extremely punitive and barbaric. Stole a loaf of bread? Lose your hand.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending