The Student Room Group

Henrietta Barnet or Woodford County

I've applied for both Henrietta Barnet and Woodford Country Sixth forms, but I don't know which one to go to. I want to know more about them, I've checked the websites and league tables, but I'm still not sure. So anyone's who's been to these sixth forms or is going, can you tell me more about them, like what it is like, what's the teaching like, and just advice on which one I should go to?
Reply 1
do you know that henrietta is insanely hard to get into? if you get a place id ditch woodford like a shot, its not doing too good these days. henrietta is like 1st in the country, why are you even debating? :tongue:
Reply 2
Oh okay thanks, it's just that I really didn't know
Reply 3
Original post by asphyxiax
do you know that henrietta is insanely hard to get into? if you get a place id ditch woodford like a shot, its not doing too good these days. henrietta is like 1st in the country, why are you even debating? :tongue:

Do you know the entrance requirements?
Reply 4
Original post by Sibghy
Do you know the entrance requirements?

well woodford says you need average of all Bs whilst henrietta says they want 6 As. all the means is that the minimum grades you need are those to apply. schools that are really selective (ie henrietta) usually rank you on your a*s and sometimes distance from the school if they have a catchment area. some schools dont offer a place until results day so you can ring up and be like "hey i got x amount of a*s and x amount of as can i get a place" if you got rejected before.
hope that makes more sense :tongue: if your predicted grades are amazing then i wouldnt bother with woodford :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by asphyxiax
well woodford says you need average of all Bs whilst henrietta says they want 6 As. all the means is that the minimum grades you need are those to apply. schools that are really selective (ie henrietta) usually rank you on your a*s and sometimes distance from the school if they have a catchment area. some schools dont offer a place until results day so you can ring up and be like "hey i got x amount of a*s and x amount of as can i get a place" if you got rejected before.
hope that makes more sense :tongue: if your predicted grades are amazing then i wouldnt bother with woodford :smile:

Oh okay thanks a lot! :smile:
Reply 6
I'm in Year 11 Woodford. Its absolutely **** I've always hated it. I think the girls are rude and just want to do well themselves without giving a **** for anyone else. I'm moving Sixth Form, and our year is ok, but it depends who you become mates with. Building is ugly inside, fungus growing in class and in year 8 our room had a ladybug infestation. Only some good teachers. Most are **** and probably on **** pay thats why. They dont rlly give a **** about you
Maybe go with the league tables- is there a big difference in performance ?
I'm year 13 Henrietta also moved here for sixth form fire away any questions you have :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Yazmin123
I'm year 13 Henrietta also moved here for sixth form fire away any questions you have :smile:

What were your grades, and which school did you move from? What's it like?
Original post by Sibghy
What were your grades, and which school did you move from? What's it like?

GCSE: 10 A*'s 3A's
AS: 4A's ( bio, chem, maths and french)

I moved from mill hill county a mixed school to HBS.
In terms of social life i don't think its that great, some girls are quite cliquey and won't be that open to befriending new girls. In terms of teaching, also quite meh the girls just teach themselves pretty much. In terms of prep for uni i think its really good and for that reason i'm happy i moved.
Reply 11
GCSE: 10 A*'s 3A's
AS: 4A's ( bio, chem, maths and french)

I moved from mill hill county a mixed school to HBS.
In terms of social life i don't think its that great, some girls are quite cliquey and won't be that open to befriending new girls. In terms of teaching, also quite meh the girls just teach themselves pretty much. In terms of prep for uni i think its really good and for that reason i'm happy i moved.

Was mill hill selective? I mean did that make it easier to be accepted into HB
Original post by Sibghy
Was mill hill selective? I mean did that make it easier to be accepted into HB

Mill Hill was selective but it accepted people in the catchment and siblings as well, but i got in through the test. No it didn't have any impact on me getting in, they just want A*s i think.
Reply 13
Mill Hill was selective but it accepted people in the catchment and siblings as well, but i got in through the test. No it didn't have any impact on me getting in, they just want A*s i think.

Ok thanks
Original post by zahrarashid
I'm in Year 11 Woodford. Its absolutely **** I've always hated it. I think the girls are rude and just want to do well themselves without giving a **** for anyone else. I'm moving Sixth Form, and our year is ok, but it depends who you become mates with. Building is ugly inside, fungus growing in class and in year 8 our room had a ladybug infestation. Only some good teachers. Most are **** and probably on **** pay thats why. They dont rlly give a **** about you

haha I'm also in yr 11 and now quite happy I didnt get into your sixth form...
Original post by veganavb
haha I'm also in yr 11 and now quite happy I didnt get into your sixth form...

lol now I have... anyway LAE or woodford?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending