The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'd like to know too x
Reply 2
Did you get the accommodation form as well then Fabbo?
I haven't even replied back to UCAS yet, but I still got a form from RVC this morning.

College grove has gone up in price...ggrrr...I couldn't afford it before!
Reply 4
they may just have been sending them out to people who replied regardless of preference, and those who did well.
Reply 5
i haven't replied to any offers but i still got all the accomodation info? if its your insurance option and you go there do you get the accomodation you selected? confuddled! x
Reply 6
Im so confused, its my insurance choice too and the accomodation pack arrived today...help!
Reply 7
Im in the same position! Was about to go to work when i opened the post and absolutely panicked!! Had to rush onto UCAS website to check i hadnt pressed the wrong button and accepted RVC as firm rather than Edinburgh!! So im guessing we do have to apply for accomadation - really didnt expect that!! :confused:
Reply 8
Hmm ah well. Does anyone know how much they charge for internet in College Grove, it doesnt say in the pack.
tiny_tiger
Hmm ah well. Does anyone know how much they charge for internet in College Grove, it doesnt say in the pack.

it's a one-off 15 pound charge.. for the IT service to configure your computer, put an antivirus software on it and give you a cable to link it up in your room. Some people linked it up themselves and it worked straight away, so they didn't have to pay anything!!!
Much much better than Mary Brancker where it's something like 7 pounds a week!
i received the accomodation pack yesterday and rvc are my insurance too.
Reply 11
i havent recieved anything yet...and i have a comfirmed offer as i deferred it last year...wonder mine is...:confused:
I'm in the same position as you Rach 7, Bristol firm and RVC insurance, I got the pack yesterday. I'm glad you started this thread as i was getting paranoid that UCAS had messed up my reply to offers, especially since bristol says on its website that it will only send out accommodation info to people who have chosen it as their firm choice.
Reply 13
Hey Maverick, i was paranoid too and had to double check my UCAS! So glad it sounds like everyone got the pack by the sounds of things...Hopefully wont be too long until we hear about accommodation from Bristol! x
Mary Brancker charge £25 one off charge and then either £3.99 a week or £6.99 a week depending on what internet speed you want. Bear in mind that they are 06-07 prices so it will increase. According to everyone i know who is in mary brancker though, the £3.99 internet is not great and the £6.99 isnt much better due to both often just not working.

Hope that helps

harriet
Reply 15
Hmmm...yeh the prices for MB are the same this year
Reply 16
does anyone know wot the internet is like a college grove? is it any good?
cos it seems really cheap

also i have a laptop, so is there access to printers? or am i going to need to buy one?
Yeah i was wondering that too, because compared to MB it's really cheap! I have a laptop too and was hoping that I'd be able to save everything on a USB key and then use one of the college's printers, don't know if I can do that though!? If not I guess I'll need to get one aswell :-)
Reply 18
Im just getting a cheapy jobby, well either that or steal my brothers crappy old one. Mwah ha ha!!!
Rolling with the dice
Yeah i was wondering that too, because compared to MB it's really cheap! I have a laptop too and was hoping that I'd be able to save everything on a USB key and then use one of the college's printers, don't know if I can do that though!? If not I guess I'll need to get one aswell :-)

you can use college printers as all computers have a usb port on the front so you can use your usb drive, they give you an allowance at the start of the year as to how much printing you can do (i think it was £10) and then if you go over that you have to pay but i cant remeber how much.

Latest

Trending

Trending