The Student Room Group

Waiting 6 weeks for replies from uni's.

I feel like I've been waiting forever and it's really getting me down seeing people post that they applied the day before and got an offer the next day and knowing I've probably been rejected :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdorableDrip
I feel like I've been waiting forever and it's really getting me down seeing people post that they applied the day before and got an offer the next day and knowing I've probably been rejected :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They havent rejected you yet, so treat it as no news is good news, some universities will wait till after the January deadline to look at application and bare in mind that they have till may to make all of their decisions so they are able to take their time if they want to.
Original post by claireestelle
They havent rejected you yet, so treat it as no news is good news, some universities will wait till after the January deadline to look at application and bare in mind that they have till may to make all of their decisions so they are able to take their time if they want to.

I know, but I've seen loads of other people get replies from the uni's I've applied to, and they've been like 'oh I only applied yesterday' it's so frustrating :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, talk about impatient. There are many people who apply before January and don't hear back till the last day...
Original post by InadequateJusticex
Wow, talk about impatient. There are many people who apply before January and don't hear back till the last day...

you have to admit to know you've been put on the bottom of the pile is a bit annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know, but I've seen loads of other people get replies from the uni's I've applied to, and they've been like 'oh I only applied yesterday' it's so frustrating :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I presume they applied to different courses/universities? I m sure you ll get good news in time, it is a possibility that admissions are behind after the christmas holidays or if you ve applied to a popular course I d expect it to be normal to not hear instantly.
you have to admit to know you've been put on the bottom of the pile is a bit annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't really mean anything - I know people who did okay (relatively!) at A level and excelled at university. Being at the 'bottom of the pile' when you apply for universities doesn't stop you from doing incredibly well at university and you might even come out near the top if you work hard enough.
(edited 8 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know how you feel :console:

I haven't been waiting 6 weeks though; almost 4 weeks now without any responses from any of the unis I applied to. It's not like I even applied for a popular subject. I applied for sociology.

Everyday I don't get on offer, I think to myself 'tomorrow I will'. Tomorrow comes, I don't get an offer and I lose a bit of hope. Its so frustrating and the frustration just makes me sad :cry2:
My son applied in early January and got an offer on May 8th. Prepare yourselves for a possible long wait and don't read anything into it. It's not over until it says unsuccessful on Track.
Original post by undine_monty
I know how you feel :console:

I haven't been waiting 6 weeks though; almost 4 weeks now without any responses from any of the unis I applied to. It's not like I even applied for a popular subject. I applied for sociology.

Everyday I don't get on offer, I think to myself 'tomorrow I will'. Tomorrow comes, I don't get an offer and I lose a bit of hope. Its so frustrating and the frustration just makes me sad :cry2:

Same! I've applied for psychology! And today was my birthday so I really had my hopes up they would see on my UCAS it was my birthday and just accept me, silly but true :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same! I've applied for psychology! And today was my birthday so I really had my hopes up they would see on my UCAS it was my birthday and just accept me, silly but true :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Happy Birthday! :h:

Its not silly. An offer would be a great birthday present. I'd cherish it so much.

I wanted to do Psychology for years, but come results day last year, turned out I wasn't as good at the subject as I thought.

Where did you apply to?
Similar boat - ish. Exeter may reply as late as March and Cambridge get back to me next Fri.

I applied Oct 1st.
Original post by undine_monty
Happy Birthday! :h:

Its not silly. An offer would be a great birthday present. I'd cherish it so much.

I wanted to do Psychology for years, but come results day last year, turned out I wasn't as good at the subject as I thought.

Where did you apply to?

Salford, MMU, LJMU, Bradford and Chester :smile: got offers from Bradford and Chester so far :smile: you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Salford, MMU, LJMU, Bradford and Chester :smile: got offers from Bradford and Chester so far :smile: you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey,

Sorry to interrupt,
Well done on your offers, I'm still waiting for Chester, did they take a while to reply to you?
Original post by liamjoseph
Hey,

Sorry to interrupt,
Well done on your offers, I'm still waiting for Chester, did they take a while to reply to you?

I applied 27th November, then got an offer on the 1st December :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
When I applied I didn't get a reply until around March/April from one uni who rejected me for not replying to a email I didn't receive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surrey, Birmingham, Sussex, Bath and Warwick. Hope to get one offer either today or tommorow. Don't want a month to pass without anything :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending