The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Bernie
hi u lots!

just checked my application stuff through the track process button ... and i was shocked cos my insurance uni (Warwick) does not have a 'conditional offer' standing next to it as it only reads now 'unsuccessful'. What the hell does this mean? did they already reject me even before my first choice (LSE) has made up its mind? really scared im gonna end up having nothing. LSE is really tough and the prob is that i missed both my offers (Warwick very narrowly though). plz help, im about to go nuts!!

thx
Bernie

HAve you phoned up both of the unis, seen whether they've accepted/rejected you, and then begged them to let you in? If you have done so, and the answer's no, go through clearing.
yepp, i called LSE and they say they are still considering my case, no down turn here yet. havent phoned warwick though cause its my insurance and i thought they wouldnt make any decisions before the first choice uni does.. so what do u recommend? im really getting nervous about all this..
Reply 22
Bernie
yepp, i called LSE and they say they are still considering my case, no down turn here yet. havent phoned warwick though cause its my insurance and i thought they wouldnt make any decisions before the first choice uni does.. so what do u recommend? im really getting nervous about all this..

You did well do get a conditional offer from LSE. I got con. offers from Oxford, UCL and Warwick but LSE turned me down.

I am in a similar situation - reluctant to contact my insurance until my first choice has made up its mind
loftx
You did well do get a conditional offer from LSE. I got con. offers from Oxford, UCL and Warwick but LSE turned me down.

I am in a similar situation - reluctant to contact my insurance until my first choice has made up its mind

ive checked the ucas tracking site and ive been accepted by my first choice uni. do i have to phone up the uni or is it ok?
Unregistered
ive checked the ucas tracking site and ive been accepted by my first choice uni. do i have to phone up the uni or is it ok?

Nope.Just sit back and relax.They will send you everything.
Unregistered

Congratulations. Wait for your AS12.
whats actually written on the website when uve got accepted? successful, unconditional offer, accepted or what?

just curious..
hi, i had a condition offer of 260 points, bcc(b in maths)

i got 3c's, with 419 in maths which is 1 off B

before i phoned them i looked at UCAS

Your conditional offer has been confirmed, you are now placed

does this mean they have accepted definetly, do i need to phone them>
Unregistered
hi, i had a condition offer of 260 points, bcc(b in maths)

i got 3c's, with 419 in maths which is 1 off B

before i phoned them i looked at UCAS

Your conditional offer has been confirmed, you are now placed

does this mean they have accepted definetly, do i need to phone them>

This means you are off to Uni. They have made the decision to accept you. Sit and wait for your AS12.
Expression
This means you are off to Uni. They have made the decision to accept you. Sit and wait for your AS12.

ok thank you expression, whats AS12:P, and i dunno when i go to uni really :P
I got accepted for my firm choice and unconditional for my insurance. You guys have finally convinced me that I'm in! LoL. Just curious.. why do some people have unconditional for thier firm and some just accepted?
Unregistered
ok thank you expression, whats AS12:P, and i dunno when i go to uni really :P

The AS12 is a bit of paper thats comes from UCAS, effectively telling you the same as you see on the internet tracking system. You are required to sign it and return it to UCAS within 14 days of reciept otherwise you are chancing it to whether you lose your place.

Effectively it is confirmation that you accept the place for certain.
Sunshine_Girl
I got accepted for my firm choice and unconditional for my insurance. You guys have finally convinced me that I'm in! LoL. Just curious.. why do some people have unconditional for thier firm and some just accepted?

Possibly just different wording - remember not all your offers were written in a standard format.

Or

Unconditional - for offers whose required grades have been met

and

Accepted - for near misses which have been given the benefit of the doubt.
they aint changed mine....think they'll say REJECT or just put unsuccesful.

when do i get my clearing pack??

love Katy ***
ickle_katy
they aint changed mine....think they'll say REJECT or just put unsuccesful.

when do i get my clearing pack??

love Katy ***

Awwwh Katy hun, sorry to hear things didn't work out quite as desired. I understand that the AS12s for acceptance from today should be here by weekend, so I'd expect Clearing packs to be certainly sent out by tomorrow morning, but dependant on how heavy they are, decided on whether you get them on Saturday, or Monday...

I'll be honest I'm taking an educated guess.

Latest

Trending

Trending