The Student Room Group

Deferred place

Hi, I got an offer form a university for Midwifery to start for the 2016 intake however, they have deferred my place for sep 2017 due to not gaining the pass mark for my entry exam. From what I can understand, is that the government have made changes to the bursaries so now we would have to take out loans. Would my tution fees still be paid? or would I just fall into the new rules?
Thanks in advance
Reply 1
Original post by Hshine
Hi, I got an offer form a university for Midwifery to start for the 2016 intake however, they have deferred my place for sep 2017 due to not gaining the pass mark for my entry exam. From what I can understand, is that the government have made changes to the bursaries so now we would have to take out loans. Would my tution fees still be paid? or would I just fall into the new rules?
Thanks in advance

Unfortunately you would fall under the new rules. Does your uni have a Feb intake 2017? if so you can still get your fees paid for as the new rules aren't enforced until Sep 2017.
Reply 2
oh okay thank you. so I would still fall into the new rules. They only have the sep intake. I really don't understand how deferring me for a year is going to help me because I will be out of education for one year. I am so confused. :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by Hshine
oh okay thank you. so I would still fall into the new rules. They only have the sep intake. I really don't understand how deferring me for a year is going to help me because I will be out of education for one year. I am so confused. :frown:

Yes you would have to take out a tuition loan in sep 2017 same with everyone else. Nowhere else you can apply? Don't understand their reasoning for deferring you there are people who might not get the grades in August so they will need to fill the spaces.
Reply 4
When I interviewed there we had to do a maths and English test and then an interview. They look at you as a whole person and if You dont get their pass mark then you would get deferred for a year. I dont understand how thats going to benefit me. Should I email them and ask or should I wait untill August?
Reply 5
Original post by Hshine
When I interviewed there we had to do a maths and English test and then an interview. They look at you as a whole person and if You dont get their pass mark then you would get deferred for a year. I dont understand how thats going to benefit me. Should I email them and ask or should I wait untill August?

Ask if they have places left can you join Sep intake?
Thats bizarre usually you get rejected if you dont pass or some places get you to retake the test.
Reply 6
Okay thank you for your help. Ill email them in the up coming months. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending