The Student Room Group

Any tips on resting my ears after a very loud gig?

(I'm just going to point out, I have really awful anxiety so please no "IT'S GOING TO BE PERMANENT!" scare factors, please!)

I went to one of my heavy metal gigs last night, my friend and I having the spot right at the front near a speaker. It didn't seem TOO loud but my ears definitely thought different.

It was my first time being right at the front so I was exposed to everything. It's worth it, but the hearing afterwards is just plain annoying.

My ears are ringing and hissing, my sound quality is awful and muffled- almost as if my ears have gone into stereo quality!

I've been to so many gigs and I know it's definitely 100% temporary! But I need to know if there's any ways to bring back my usual hearing, or just some advice to rest them up.

Bearing in mind, this was only 10 hours ago so my ears still hate me. At least I know they're healthy with this protecting stuff!
Original post by rickymotionless
(I'm just going to point out, I have really awful anxiety so please no "IT'S GOING TO BE PERMANENT!" scare factors, please!)

I went to one of my heavy metal gigs last night, my friend and I having the spot right at the front near a speaker. It didn't seem TOO loud but my ears definitely thought different.

It was my first time being right at the front so I was exposed to everything. It's worth it, but the hearing afterwards is just plain annoying.

My ears are ringing and hissing, my sound quality is awful and muffled- almost as if my ears have gone into stereo quality!

I've been to so many gigs and I know it's definitely 100% temporary! But I need to know if there's any ways to bring back my usual hearing, or just some advice to rest them up.

Bearing in mind, this was only 10 hours ago so my ears still hate me. At least I know they're healthy with this protecting stuff!

Some recommend white noise which you can try but I hate it!

I always watch TV shows I love or listen to gentle orchestral/spa music. I basically try to distract myself. Plain old silence might be good but I find that that makes it worse haha

Hope it disappears soon :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending