The Student Room Group

Tonks' Test Tour!

Okay!
So hi I'm Tonks (India is my real name though)
In case you can't tell ^ from the title where I've crowbarred in some good ol' alliteration - This is my "grow your grades" blog!
So I guess your going to want some grades to grow huh :question:
From the mocks... (Also these are my subjects)
[Bit of a heads up I did REALLY badly here completely panicked and fluffed 'em up so I put my predicted grades as of Autumn in little {} ]

# ENGLISH - U (Start with the biggie){B-}
# MATHS - B (Better but still I want to do maths a collage so not great){C}
# BIOLOGY - E (Yikes it doesn't look good does it:ahhhhh:) {B}
# CHEMISTRY - D {B+}
# PHYSICS - D {B}
# HISTORY - B (Was originally a C but teach found extra marks:dance:) {C+}
# GEOGRAPHY - C (Super bummed about this one) {A}
# ART - C ( Yeah I was surprised that is did that well) {C+}
# PHILOSOPHY & ETHICS - D (:frown:) {I have the lessons after school so I don't have an proper official one but teach wants A-A*}
# COMPUTER SCIENCE - B (Again not bad) {B}

Yeah I know... that's a grand total of 4 passes. [Last year was all A/B's Cept for Art]
But hey! Chin up right!:console:
I mean Triple has asked if I want to do dual and P & E asked if I want to drop it but HEY!
Sorry - This might get a bit depressing I got super upset about the exams. That's why I really wanted to do this, to help.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Good luck - I hope that you do as well as you did last year! :biggrin:

What are your plans for improving your grades?
Original post by SeanFM
Good luck - I hope that you do as well as you did last year! :biggrin:

What are your plans for improving your grades?

Well Put simply - past paper questions under exam conditions the only way I'm going to get comfortable is to keep at it.
In lessons most of the time I get it and I know most of the stuff so yeah mainly past papers.
But I obviously have gaps so I revise mostly with cards and colours.
I also stay behind and extra hour everyday for revision :sigh:
Original post by TonksTheCat
Well Put simply - past paper questions under exam conditions the only way I'm going to get comfortable is to keep at it.
In lessons most of the time I get it and I know most of the stuff so yeah mainly past papers.
But I obviously have gaps so I revise mostly with cards and colours.
I also stay behind and extra hour everyday for revision :sigh:

Colours and flash cards, great idea. :borat:

And good commitment :tongue: I hope it pays off.
Original post by SeanFM
Colours and flash cards, great idea. :borat:

And good commitment :tongue: I hope it pays off.

Thanks!
Welcome back to the first of many "fun" and "happy" days. Oh joy. :s-smilie: (school not the blogging)

What wouldn't I love more than 3 tests and an hour of doing a fitness video, whilst my P.E teacher sits back and laughs at my physical failings? The tests were Physics (pre fitness), Maths and Biology (Both post fitness so I was spent).

Physics test - I struggled with this lovely, surprise test. Thanks for that by the way teach. More specifically - what is the critical angle? What even is a ray diagram? From what I could gather others struggled too.

Biology test - Yeah! this didn't go tooo badly, considering it looks like I missed the most important lesson. Those 6 markers always get me though.

Maths test - Surely it couldn't have gone THAT badly? I mean I answer nearly everything, but I'd spent last night revising (or learning since nobody seems to have ever in my entire school life bothered to teach me them) sine and cosine graphs - FOR NOTHING :mad:

Tonight I plan to do a little bit of Art because I am behind on the coursework.

Basically coursework-wise I need to do :
Geography- Data interpretation, Evaluation and Evaluation conclusions
History - Conclusion part 2
English - Spoken language Churchill
Art - ALL THE THINGS!!

I have a fitbit which can track how well I am sleeping s if I remember too I will post how much sleep I got since that's kinda important too. Yesterday I got 7 hrs and 44 mins of very restless sleep.
Anywho I gotta go stab a peacock (Cut out a peacock for Art)
Although answers to my questions about physics would be very much appreciated. :flutter:

Don't forget and always remember - Mass = Density x Volume :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Day 2!
Okay so I have been in a great mood today with 7 hours and 9 mins of sleep.

Also signed up for NCS.

Found out my Maths mini-test score I got B, but I'm happy as the most people seemed to have not done so well on that test, those who A's on the mocks got a B here. How do ya do inequalitys?
I did a bit more on my Geography coursework and its inching towards completion.

Plan for today is to rest till Mum gets home :sleep: then do some more maths.
Hello back again!
I wont be able to post most Thursdays as I go to my friends house to revise maths/science/P & E.Yesterday she taught me factorising when its like (x-4)(x+2) as opposed to 3x(x-2).
Been feeling tried today I only got 5 hours 33 mins sleep but we have the weekend too rectify that.

Tonight I have made a knitted bobble hat for a teddy as a suggestion for my art exam.

I have been given a huge maths revision from the school so that's great, they are going to start making maths lessons more intense now :eek:.

In History teach keeps setting us exam questions as homework, which as useful as that it is really difficult.
I've started putting up post stick notes with dates on around the house and reading them whenever I go into the room - have now nailed Spartacist's uprising (4-15th January 1919) and Munich putsch (8-9th November 1923). So that works pretty well I may use that for other subjects.
Also planning on doing a timeline of events to help put every thing in order.

I finally got my computer science coursework(which i originally missed off my to do coursework list but shush) task 2 bit to work! But you have to click the building then the button then the building again so not quite]
See y'all
Hello again
I don't know why my Monday post didn't show but oh well.
I got the grade back for the Churchill CA I got a C. But its okay I am really bad at English.
Although I've been tired recently (four hours sleep on Tuesday) I've also been a little bit more cheerful and so have been working a bit more a home.
Other than that just waiting on some hopefully better results next time
Hello @TonksTheCat

Your blog is off to a great start :biggrin:

I look forward to seeing your future posts! Here's a motivational studying cat to keep you going:

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
On second thought - that cat looks angry, not motivational!!
Oops!

:emog:
Original post by Tank Girl
On second thought - that cat looks angry, not motivational!!
Oops!

:emog:

Yeah it does, but that's pretty much my face when I revise too. I sympathise with that cat.
Guess what!
I got my computer science app to work finally! :biggrin:
My history coursework is almost done and so is my English!
Woo!
Revising with friend cancelled today due too my being forgetful but I'm gonna print off some maths past papers tonight
One thing though English teach gave a lesson about Register and I got so confused. Is it different from tone? How?
Just finished possibly the strangest and most surprisingly interesting homework of the year for English - to use persuasive writing to persuade teach that cheesecake is pie, cake, tart, etc.
Writing the minimum of 2 paragraphs wasn't easy there isn't that much to write about.
(cake ofc)
The great news is I have done teally great on my science courseworks I got a A* in physics A in Chemistry A in Biology !
Pleased.
Right now I am about to start to make a cold war timeline to go up on the wall. It will probably start from Yalta but later i might add some bolshevik stuff.

I swear most of my teachers think I am abput to kneal over and die though 2 mentor meetings in two weeks! Although my mentor is awesome she manged to arange both meetings during P.E.

So I have my collage interview tomorrow wish me luck!
:eek4: 7 and a bit hours of sleep? Try to get more if you can :redface: have you got the hang of inequalities? (I'm not sure what a register in that sense is either :s-smilie:)

Good luck with your interview! Maybe mention your blog if you feel like it :h: :borat:
Original post by SeanFM
:eek4: 7 and a bit hours of sleep? Try to get more if you can :redface: have you got the hang of inequalities? (I'm not sure what a register in that sense is either :s-smilie:)

Good luck with your interview! Maybe mention your blog if you feel like it :h: :borat:

Yea I think I've just about got that one but I will do some more practice to make sure.
As for the sleep I should sleep some more but I just look up and its really late. Hopefully half term will correct it.

The interview went great though but to take Maths I have to get Bs in at least 2 sciences which is going to be tricky.
Original post by TonksTheCat
Yea I think I've just about got that one but I will do some more practice to make sure.
As for the sleep I should sleep some more but I just look up and its really late. Hopefully half term will correct it.

The interview went great though but to take Maths I have to get Bs in at least 2 sciences which is going to be tricky.

Oh right, half term is soon :tongue: a good time for revision but also importantly some breaks and fun :tongue:

That's good to hear :biggrin: hopefully that serves as motivation for getting at least two Bs in two sciences :h:
Today went so badly I did no revison. Nothing.
The main issue of the day was I'd let the kitten out for its first ever outing on its own - but forgot to lock the gates to make sure it didn't go to far or near the road. The next few hours ( felt like years) consited of being to how much of an idoit I am ,( which I already know) being told the apparent milions of ways the kitten could freeze, starve or be kidnapped, looking for said kitten, crying and cursing at myself.
I finally found him - turns out I wasn't the only cold, crying thing out.
Aside from that today I smashed a glass, spilt aton of tea everwhere twice, helped to blow the fuses of two bulbs and loose a needle in a couch.
This isn't strictly study related but I needed to explain my lack of work.
In more relivent news I finished my History coursework! Yay.
Hey! Just a quick update I went into school today and finished my geography coursework at last! God that is a dull one.
Serously who cares what stage of the butler model Llandudno is?
Oh well, done now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending