The Student Room Group

Bandwagon Leicester Thread I

Scroll to see replies

I notice another thing about Leicester's rise. 4-4-2 suddenly became fashionable again. And I can understand why; it's a formation that requires lots of "partnerships" (the two centre backs, the two midfielders, the two strikers, the fullback-winger partnership) thus works when a team plays as a team and is under no pressure to perform :wink:
Original post by Mackay
You'd imagine they are if Leicester's relatively inexperienced side are scrapping for the trophy.

Worth remembering that nobody in the Leicester squad, or Tottenham squad, has been involved in a title challenge. Only Cech has at Arsenal.

Welbeck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62

Can only imagine the impact he's having in his front room playing FIFA.
Original post by Mackay
Can only imagine the impact he's having in his front room playing FIFA.

Lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
Leicester to win the title tomorrow
Original post by shawn_o1
I notice another thing about Leicester's rise. 4-4-2 suddenly became fashionable again. And I can understand why; it's a formation that requires lots of "partnerships" (the two centre backs, the two midfielders, the two strikers, the fullback-winger partnership) thus works when a team plays as a team and is under no pressure to perform :wink:

It more or less shuts out number 10s who are the linchpin of most teams. Unless you have two centre midfielders who are willing to constantly cover ground, you're giving up possession to most teams who have three man midfields.
Reply 67
Come on Leicester.
As my own teams season is over, I'm officially a Leicester fan until May.
Reply 69
I think pretty much everyone is hoping Lesta win today for the sake of football

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KeyToSuccess
Norwich, WBA, Newcastle, Swansea and Sunderland are all fighting for survival, it makes games 10x harder

LOL and Leicester aren't used to playing in those kind of games?
Leicester aren't playing for something themselves?

It makes me laugh how everyone things Leicester are going to crumble with the pressure they are under but if you want to see a bunch of bottlers watch those five teams. Put any of those teams under pressure and they crumble.

Those teams will all see Leicester on the fixture list and think **** this is a game we are going to lose.
Reply 71
Original post by sr90
As my own teams season is over, I'm officially a Leicester fan until May.

so you pretty much cuck yourself out to anyone then?

Nice.
Original post by swirly
so you pretty much cuck yourself out to anyone then?

Nice.

Everyone loves an underdog.

Wouldn't mind Spurs winning the league either, even Arsenal wouldn't be bad. Just not City.
Leicester should win and go on to win the title, then Arsenal finish runners up. That way, everyone's happy. Leicester achieve the dream (before being relegated a couple of seasons later) and Arsenal achieve their dream of staying afloat.
Title's gone now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Robbed by Atkinson. Monreal should have gone for a second penalty, likewise coquelin for shoving mahrez in the back, Simpson was soft as well.

Arsenal are really just a bunch of precious whiny cheats.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Title's gone now

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bit premature, they're still 2 points ahead with a pretty reasonable set of fixtures left.
Reply 77
Title's gone now

No, their run-in is much easier than Arsenal's. Don't know about Spurs though...
We're not even three-quarters of the way into the season. People making 'tough' early predictions as fact is one of my pet peeves. It's like they've never watched football before.

Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Robbed by Atkinson. Monreal should have gone for a second penalty, likewise coquelin for shoving mahrez in the back, Simpson was soft as well.

Arsenal are really just a bunch of precious whiny cheats.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I still don't get over them being the undefeated 'Invincibles' when Pires' dive for a penalty equaliser against Portsmouth early in the season is seared in my mind.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ozzyoscy
We're not even three-quarters of the way into the season. People making 'tough' early predictions as fact is one of my pet peeves. It's like they've never watched football before.

I still don't get over them being the undefeated 'Invincibles' when Pires' dive for a penalty equaliser against Portsmouth early in the season is seared in my mind.

That's the biggest reason why I can't stand arsene - referee gives a fifty fifty decision against his side and he's up in arms; referee gives something more blatently wrong his way and he doesn't see it. Guy is utterly classless

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest