The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Definitely download the dvsa theory test app, and revise as much as possible. I passed mine first time, but my friend passed on her 3rd attempt after using that app.
It's not you it's the DSA ripping you and many thousands of people off because no one would ever suspect Pearsons professional company to rip people off like this! it really needs looking in to professionally
Original post by Notorious123
Seriously... I started taking tests since I was 18, and now I am 24. I keep failing the theory part of the test and I know it is common sense, but I keep being skeptical in the test and with nerves combined, I keep failing dramatically...

I keep getting 40/50 each test... I got the Driving Theory CD and have been practicing. I don't know what to do now. I keep getting laughed at over still not being able to drive. The depression is really kicking in..

It's an exam, so the more work you put in the more likely you are to pass. I'd recommend buying the Highway Code, buying the government DVD (if that's still a thing) and going over it about 50 times (not kidding). I did it every day a few times in the weeks leading up to my exam and managed to get 99% overall. Practice literally makes perfect.

When I did it (7 years ago) there were only a number of questions they could ask you, which I imagine is the case now (albeit, there may be more of them now). Literally read the answer and understand why it is the answer, and it will enable you to get it right the next time.

To add to this, the pressure you're putting on yourself may be contributing to you not passing. The worse you feel, and the more pressure you feel, the less you may take in when you revise it. Try taking a bit of time to revise and when you feel like your revision is going well, THEN book your test.
The post was over 2 years ago, I’m sure the OP has passed his theory test by now (I hope).
Original post by accountant-future
The post was over 2 years ago, I’m sure the OP has passed his theory test by now (I hope).

Umm yes lets hope so :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending