The Student Room Group

SAT test (uni in America)

Hi

Im in year 11 now and would like to do the SAT test for unis in America. When would you recommend to do it? Have any of you done it and what was it like?
I did it age 16.

I do not recall what it was like but there are specific prep books for it which explain how you can improve your score.
You might like to post on College Confidential, which is rather like TSR, but American.
Original post by candyflossgirl
Hi

Im in year 11 now and would like to do the SAT test for unis in America. When would you recommend to do it? Have any of you done it and what was it like?

Hey :smile: I did it during the first 2 terms of Y12 and started prepping at the start of Y12. I managed to raise my score by 500 points so it's amazing that you're thinking about it now.
Bear in mind I did the SAT that is currently going out of phase - I'm not sure if you can still do it but anyway.

I barely actually looked over strategies. For the Old SAT at least, you can really game it by just practicing.

I used:

Collegeboard's Blue Book of 10 tests
TPR's 11 tests
Kaplan's 12 tests
~30 tests I found online that I torrented, that are actual past papers.

So in total I went a bit overkill but it did help me to get increases of up to 600 points in my practices.

It's best you do a paper for yourself and report back to us with your scores, so we can advise you from there.

You can find free ones on Collegeboard's website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending