The Student Room Group

PwC Insight Week 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sanchit117
Yeah there's definitely a cut off point, I would think it's 7? But they're definitely going to look at a lot more factors than just this test!

The only way to know if for someone who has 6/10 to confirm they got the same email I suppose.
Reply 101
I got 6 and I got an email saying I met the criteria I hope my personal statement was strong enough!
Hello everybody!! I was just got a notice that I was invited to a telephone interview in PwC for 2016 intake, Assurance summer internship. The interview will last approximately 20mins, which is different from the telephone interview for graduate scheme (45 mins). Anyone had such a experience about this interview? I am quite confused about how to start preparing.
Reply 103
Did you apply to the London office?
Yeah and did you get an email or had to check their website?
Reply 105
Hi what score did you get on the test if you dont mind me asking. Also Id prepare by just researching the company as there gonaing to really interrogate you so knowing about their company is a must id say.
This is going to sound so stupid but what were the feedback forms regarding, because a friend of mine told me it was just a sample (idk?) and then I heard it was for the mock assessment? Was the feedback form based on the real assessment or the mock one?
the feedback is based on the real assessment
Reply 108
Depends what test you chose theres a real one and a mock one, you get feedback on both.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 109
Okay so here's a summary of what you need to do for the telephone interview.

So there are 5 attributes (employment skills, skills, whatever you call them) and you need to be able to demonstrate them.

Whole Leadership
What do you think this is?
How have you demonstrated this?

Business Acumen
How have you demonstrated this?
What do you know about PwC?
What do you know about Business Insight Week?
What do you know about the three main areas of PwC? (tax, consultancy, assurance)
What has happened recently in the business world that is of interest to you? (try and relate it to PwC)

Technical Capabilities
What do you understand about PwC?
What examples are there of you producing work to a good standard?

Global Acumen
Demonstrate when you have worked with people of different cultures and/or backgrounds
What importance do you place on diversity and globalisation?

Lastly why do you want to the Business Insight Week?

Remember when giving examples, give varied examples, and remember the STAR (situation, task, action, response) technique.

///

I'd like to emphasise that these are not questions you will be asked. These are questions you need to be able to answer, but they may be phrased in different ways and there could be other questions. I still am yet to complete my telephone interview, and for fairness it wouldn't be right to say what happens so I'm not going to be posting what questions I asked. I just feel it's right to help people out with the prep for the interview, because there are some on here who do not know what to talk about.

Other pointers to be aware of:
- if you are not doing the vast majority of the talking, you've failed
- if you need time to think, you haven't failed; it's natural, don't worry about it
- if you're unable to demonstrate your communication skills and business acumen, you have indefinitely not got the work experience. These are the two main things this interview is assessing, if you are unable to the outcome is obvious.
- don't try and think about what the interviewer is thinking or writing down, just focus on the questions
- make small talk, at PwC you have to be good at small talk with both other employees and clients. Obviously only making a little small talk won't hugely affect the outcome, but it's polite and makes a good impression.

Good luck!

I'm tagging @popcornjpg @Xphoenix because you've both requested this!
(edited 8 years ago)
Quite expected, although I didn't think they'd be talking about leadership at all.

By the way, did you already get an offer for a telephone interview then? I haven't received anything yet.
Reply 111
Original post by popcornjpg
Quite expected, although I didn't think they'd be talking about leadership at all.

By the way, did you already get an offer for a telephone interview then? I haven't received anything yet.

Yeah. I was exempt from doing the tests this afternoon because I had done them online. She said I had passed when she looked up my scores and will be getting an email to confirm telephone interviews.

To be given an interview, she said there is a benchmark you need to get. Nothing else. I presume this benchmark is 6.
Has anyone applied to the Newcastle branch?
Reply 113
Just entered the National Students Employability Competition

Got 96% on the first part, and 100% on the other. Hopefully my responses to the third part were okay...

Has anyone else applied for this?
Original post by jamestg
Just entered the National Students Employability Competition

Got 96% on the first part, and 100% on the other. Hopefully my responses to the third part were okay...

Has anyone else applied for this?

94% and 88%. How did you get 100 even? You are some wizard. Don't think I'll bother with the third bit now, 88% is quite low.
Reply 115
94% and 88%. How did you get 100 even? You are some wizard. Don't think I'll bother with the third bit now, 88% is quite low.

Still do it!! 88% is a cracking score!

I don't even know lmao, I even did it at 2am after like 10hrs of revision and I rushed it lol.
Original post by jamestg
Still do it!! 88% is a cracking score!

I don't even know lmao, I even did it at 2am after like 10hrs of revision and I rushed it lol.

This just further proves my point that you are a wizard of sorts :biggrin:
Reply 117
This just further proves my point that you are a wizard of sorts :biggrin:

Oh you're making me blush :wink:

Just make sure you enter it though! I'm sure a lot of people have done a lot worse, and remember you got 88% which is pretty much 90% and I doubt many got higher than that!
Original post by jamestg
Oh you're making me blush :wink:

Just make sure you enter it though! I'm sure a lot of people have done a lot worse, and remember you got 88% which is pretty much 90% and I doubt many got higher than that!

What you even revising for ten hours straight? Mock exam?
Reply 119
What you even revising for ten hours straight? Mock exam?

Yeah :frown:

History (everything we've done for Germany) and Biology (everything in AS biology)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending