The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

University of Bristol accomodation

Hi all

Have just got an offer for vet science at Bristol (yay!) and was wondering what current students thought of the accomodation. What are the places really like and what would or wouldn't people recommend?

I'm not a big party person so are there any places renowned for partying (as wouldn't want to go there!).

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated - haven't managed to look at the accomodation yet

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Bry Bry
Hi all

Have just got an offer for vet science at Bristol (yay!) and was wondering what current students thought of the accomodation. What are the places really like and what would or wouldn't people recommend?

I'm not a big party person so are there any places renowned for partying (as wouldn't want to go there!).

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated - haven't managed to look at the accomodation yet

Thanks

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3547941

This has all the information you need and more.

To summarise briefly; SB halls tend to being more sociable and the most sociable / partying being Hiatt baker, University Hall, Badock.
The others inbetween - Wills, Churchill, Durdham, Goldney
And the remainder are either too small, too new, or too last choice to have much stereotype - but will likely tend towards being quieter.

If you don't want much partying avoid the first group and aim for the second and third.
(edited 8 years ago)
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Hi I'm looking to study English literature at Bristol next year, I'm quite sociable and looking for somewhere that will be quite lively and with parties. I have looked at Goldney Hall and got my heart set on it but am unsure as to whether I will find it too quiet there? I also looked at Unite House which looks nice but the actual grounds and building don't compare to Goldney? Thanks
Reply 3
hi there !! just happened to have chanced upon this thread and thought that id leave some questions of my own here if it isnt too much to ask for :smile:

1) are there any residences that's in close proximity to the wills memorial building
2) is cleanliness an issue with common toilets/bathrooms in halls (eg manor / rackhay / richmond terrace/ northwell )
3) views on queen's road for a young undergrad ( for the residence is catered to mature students)
4) recommendations for someone who wants a self catered residence thats on the less lively side ( quieter and less rowdy ) but still accessible

Thank you :smile:))
Reply 4
Original post by bljy
hi there !! just happened to have chanced upon this thread and thought that id leave some questions of my own here if it isnt too much to ask for :smile:

1) are there any residences that's in close proximity to the wills memorial building
2) is cleanliness an issue with common toilets/bathrooms in halls (eg manor / rackhay / richmond terrace/ northwell )
3) views on queen's road for a young undergrad ( for the residence is catered to mature students)
4) recommendations for someone who wants a self catered residence thats on the less lively side ( quieter and less rowdy ) but still accessible

Thank you :smile:))

1. hawthorns is just under a 10min walk away. The bus stop where you arrive at from Stoke Bishop is a touch closer.
2. Depends how clean your flatmates are...
3. Never even heard of it. I would imagine it's quiet
4. Durdham is the main one I know of. I imagine almost all of the smaller places, and all the city centre ones, are quieter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending