The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Medicine 2016 Offer Holder Page

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AortaStudyMore
Seriously if you're good enough to get a cambridge offer you're good enough to get the grades, A-levels are the easy part of a medical school application, I actually looked forward to just being able to revise for my exams after all I went through to get an offer haha

Thank you. I'll just have to put my head down now then.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
What kind of societies are you guys going to join? :smile:
Original post by avocadomash

Jazz and rock, probably rugby.
Can u book accommodation for 3 months instead of a year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MedStudent1997
Can u book accommodation for 3 months instead of a year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure the contract you sign is for 38 weeks for your accommodation so I'm not sure how it will work

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are so many, but I think the ones i'm interested in are the neuroscience society, medsin and the sports societies.

I also want to try some new activities.

Oh and IQ (the LGBT community)

Probably just one of medic Music, Symphony Orchestra, or Leonardo Fine Arts, but not too sure which one yet
Ju jitsu sports society, neuroscience and surgery society hopefully and volunteering abroad. I'll see how it is when we start hopefully.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Hey guys I never thought I'd be asking this question, but here I am.

Why should I firm Imperial over Leeds?
So far the main pros I've found for imperial are :
-good variety of Bsc's
-London has a multicultural society so it's easier to encounter conditions that may be endemic to other countries
-heavily science based curriculum
-London offers way more learning opportunities than any other place in which to study

Cons
-London is expensive af
-6 year course (atm I'd like to intercalate but in 3 years time I might change my mind?)
-being surrounded purely by scientists/medics

Any advice is appreciated guys!
Reply 49
Original post by Hectors
Hey guys I never thought I'd be asking this question, but here I am.

Why should I firm Imperial over Leeds?
So far the main pros I've found for imperial are :
-good variety of Bsc's
-London has a multicultural society so it's easier to encounter conditions that may be endemic to other countries
-heavily science based curriculum
-London offers way more learning opportunities than any other place in which to study

Cons
-London is expensive af
-6 year course (atm I'd like to intercalate but in 3 years time I might change my mind?)
-being surrounded purely by scientists/medics

Any advice is appreciated guys!

London is closer to most places with excellent culture and different activities
leeds is freezing????
imperial is more prestigious
best teaching hospitals in the country
hello, south ken???
being around like minded people means everyone understands what you're going through
also there are loads of unis in london so you'll meet LOADS more people
Reply 50
Original post by babsa
London is closer to most places with excellent culture and different activities
leeds is freezing????
imperial is more prestigious
best teaching hospitals in the country
hello, south ken???
being around like minded people means everyone understands what you're going through
also there are loads of unis in london so you'll meet LOADS more people

Prestige means nothing these days, just something to inflate your ego, although all your other points are valid.
South kensington can become annoying because of tourists though.

Also, does anybody know how spread out the clinical placements are? I know that significant amount of teaching is done in St Mary's and Charing cross, but what about GP placements?
(edited 8 years ago)
Seriously if you're good enough to get a cambridge offer you're good enough to get the grades, A-levels are the easy part of a medical school application, I actually looked forward to just being able to revise for my exams after all I went through to get an offer haha

Hey Aorta was just wondering do you find that you talk to people from other London Unis often?
Original post by Decerto
There are so many, but I think the ones i'm interested in are the neuroscience society, medsin and the sports societies.

I also want to try some new activities.

Oh and IQ (the LGBT community)

I'm going to join IQ too!
Also acapella and a volunteering club. :smile:

lol I've been here since October and I've been wanting to go to IQ but I haven't...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hectors
Prestige means nothing these days, just something to inflate your ego, although all your other points are valid.
South kensington can become annoying because of tourists though.

Also, does anybody know how spread out the clinical placements are? I know that significant amount of teaching is done in St Mary's and Charing cross, but what about GP placements?

In first year you don't do many clinical placements, and the ones you do do are very spread out, like 2 placements per term lasting a couple of hours each. As for teaching, you do very little in St Mary's and half of all the teaching is in CX
Original post by Folami 123
Hey Aorta was just wondering do you find that you talk to people from other London Unis often?

I personally haven't, and I don't think many other have either. Don't forget that London is a huge place, you don't see other people from other unis unless you go looking for them

It's so nice to find other LGBT people (i'm assuming that's the reason you want to join IQ :lol:)
I personally haven't, and I don't think many other have either. Don't forget that London is a huge place, you don't see other people from other unis unless you go looking for them

Cool cool thanks! Oh and what you just said about the placements. Does clinical experience come from anywhere else but placements!?!? Cause that doesn't sound very integrated 😕
Hi guys im really unsure weather to put imperial or Nottingham down as my insurance choice . One of the things putting me of imperial is the fact accommodation inst guaranteed for people who put it down as there insurance choice and it is hard to find decent private accommodation nearby . Anyone know how likely it is someone with imperial as there insurance is to get accommodation in first year . Any other advice would also be appreciated , I am completely torn between the two !
Reply 59
Guys do you think they will hold a offer holder open day or not?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending