The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Private accommodation or living in the halls?

Hello!! I know there's plenty of time till september, but I decided to make this question - is it better to live in the halls or in private accommodation? I'm not a party animal, so I'm looking for something quiet, cosy and cheap, of course. Maybe there's a fair, popular estate agency in Norwich which offers a nice private accommodation or is it better to ask uni about it?
I also heard that at some unis students can stay with local families. Is it an option like that availible?
I would be very grateful if somebody helped me with that <33
P.S. I'm sorry, if I made some mistakes. I don't speak english on a daily basis.
Original post by kornik1
Hello!! I know there's plenty of time till september, but I decided to make this question - is it better to live in the halls or in private accommodation? I'm not a party animal, so I'm looking for something quiet, cosy and cheap, of course. Maybe there's a fair, popular estate agency in Norwich which offers a nice private accommodation or is it better to ask uni about it?
I also heard that at some unis students can stay with local families. Is it an option like that availible?
I would be very grateful if somebody helped me with that <33
P.S. I'm sorry, if I made some mistakes. I don't speak english on a daily basis.

Hello!

Everyone will have differing views on where is best to stay, or your options. I think the majority would agree to make new friendships that living on campus in your first year is the right choice. It is true there will be the more sociable blocks of accommodation if you live in the centre of campus, but there are cheaper options further afield which are quieter. Anne-Sophie, a student blogger, is from France and speaks very highly of our Village accommodation. Feel free to ask her a question on her blog: https://annesophieatuea.wordpress.com/2015/08/03/en-suite-village-accommodation-at-uea/

It is worth remembering that you get all of your bills paid for you when you live in our accommodation which is unusual for private accommodation. From heating to electricity to internet - this wouldn't typically be paid for in private accommodation. You also may not be able to find somewhere as close to campus if you went private. As I said earlier in the post, I think having flatmates and making friends with people based on where you're living is important, particularly if you're coming from a new country.

If you would like to discuss your options you can email [email protected] :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by University of East Anglia
Hello!

Everyone will have differing views on where is best to stay, or your options. I think the majority would agree to make new friendships that living on campus in your first year is the right choice. It is true there will be the more sociable blocks of accommodation if you live in the centre of campus, but there are cheaper options further afield which are quieter. Anne-Sophie, a student blogger, is from France and speaks very highly of our Village accommodation. Feel free to ask her a question on her blog: https://annesophieatuea.wordpress.com/2015/08/03/en-suite-village-accommodation-at-uea/

It is worth remembering that you get all of your bills paid for you when you live in our accommodation which is unusual for private accommodation. From heating to electricity to internet - this wouldn't typically be paid for in private accommodation. You also may not be able to find somewhere as close to campus if you went private. As I said earlier in the post, I think having flatmates and making friends with people based on where you're living is important, particularly if you're coming from a new country.

If you would like to discuss your options you can email [email protected] :smile:

Thank you very much for your answer! I think I will apply for an accommodation on campus then! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending