The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Helenia
How much was the big posh batcape, shiny?

£15 to hire! :eek:

Ryder & Amies must be raking it in!
Reply 21
shiny
£15 to hire! :eek:

Ryder & Amies must be raking it in!

:eek: Yeah, I bet they are. How much is the one to buy? My cousin had to pay £80 for his MA one or something.

Look in your kitchen for the menu, or somewhere equally implausible. A couple of weeks back when I was drunk (the "die die die stupid buggy scum" night) I dropped my handbag in the kitchen when i went to get a drink of water. Picked everything up and put it on the side, but only took my bag and phone back to my room with me, so next morning my friend knocked on the door with my college card, my bank card, my driving licence and a £10 note! :redface:
Reply 22
Helenia
:eek: Yeah, I bet they are. How much is the one to buy? My cousin had to pay £80 for his MA one or something.

Look in your kitchen for the menu, or somewhere equally implausible. A couple of weeks back when I was drunk (the "die die die stupid buggy scum" night) I dropped my handbag in the kitchen when i went to get a drink of water. Picked everything up and put it on the side, but only took my bag and phone back to my room with me, so next morning my friend knocked on the door with my college card, my bank card, my driving licence and a £10 note! :redface:

Dunno. Something ridiculous. Actually do MEng's wear the BA or are we allowed to wear the MA gown? * shiny confused by all this *

I think I packed the menu away! My mum and dad took some of my stuff away with them today!
Reply 23
shiny
Dunno. Something ridiculous. Actually do MEng's wear the BA or are we allowed to wear the MA gown? * shiny confused by all this *

I think I packed the menu away! My mum and dad took some of my stuff away with them today!

You can't wear an MA gown cos you haven't got an MA yet! Ask if there is a special engineer gown or if you have to slum it in the BA one.
Reply 24
Helenia
You can't wear an MA gown cos you haven't got an MA yet! Ask if there is a special engineer gown or if you have to slum it in the BA one.

Yeah, a special engineers gown with "I fix washing machines" or "i have a greasy rag and spanner" printed on the back :cool:
Reply 25
shiny

You can't wear a MA gown without a master's or without being 24, although noone's really going to notice. BA gowns are safer 'though. A friend got the sleeves of his MA gown caught in a tourist's bike as she cycled past. :smile:
Reply 26
Acaila
Mind you they would love you anyway :wink: Since you are shiny

Of course ... rep for you! :smile:
Reply 27
shiny
Of course ... rep for you! :smile:

{bounces up and down happily}

Yay! Rep make me not feel so bad :smile:
Reply 28
So what is an Meng if not a masters? I thought a Beng and BA were equivalent. Or have i been misinformed *cries* :confused: :frown:
Reply 29
{hugs Faerie} Haven't seen you round in a while. How're the exams going?
Reply 30
Acaila
{hugs Faerie} Haven't seen you round in a while. How're the exams going?

hmm only failed two or three i believe, so not too bad. all finished now! yey, back to school
Reply 31
Yay finished! :smile: Although I don't think you should be happy about going back to school :tongue: Strange girl!
Any more decisions about college choices? (I've been to see some now!)
Reply 32
FaerieLand
So what is an Meng if not a masters? I thought a Beng and BA were equivalent. Or have i been misinformed *cries* :confused: :frown:

A MEng is certainly a master's, but I think shiny is just about to start the final year, rather than just having finished it, so he doesn't have a master's yet. Is that right?
Reply 33
d750
A MEng is certainly a master's, but I think shiny is just about to start the final year, rather than just having finished it, so he doesn't have a master's yet. Is that right?

Look at the title dude! :wink:
Reply 34
shiny
Look at the title dude! :wink:

Oops. So why are you buying a BA gown, then?
Reply 35
All hail Mr MEng!
Reply 36
d750
Oops. So why are you buying a BA gown, then?

I wasn't sure whether MEng's could wear MA gowns or do you have to have an MA? :confused:

EDIT: Just checked the Ordinances. MEng's wear MA gowns. Wicked!
Reply 37
MAs are equal to MEngs aren't they? So I would assume you could. :smile:
Reply 38
Acaila
MAs are equal to MEngs aren't they? So I would assume you could. :smile:

MAs are senior to MEngs :frown:
Reply 39
shiny
MAs are senior to MEngs :frown:

how come? damn no fair, that's what i want to do.

Acaila; Being back at school is fun, starting new courses. Yes i know I'm sad but it's not really a lot of work as not many people are there and i'm skiving off on tons of open days anyway (all so nice, so much choice!) Hmm, our school is so unbelievably unorganised but apparently they have connections particularly with Trinity and Christ's so they recommend we apply to one of those. Going to Cambridge next thurs on the subject open day and to peek in some of the colleges. Have you been to Robinson's yet?

Latest

Trending

Trending