The Student Room Group

DT vs RE - options

I'm currently in the middle of choosing my options ready for A Levels in September.
I know that I am definitely taking French, IT and Business but I don't know what to choose for my last option. I'm torn between DT or RE. Can someone help me out here please? I'm looking to go into Business/Marketing in the future.
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
RE is better, because is more highly regarded by universities, whoever its decision is based on what you what to study at university ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
However economics would help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by invalidname
I'm currently in the middle of choosing my options ready for A Levels in September.
I know that I am definitely taking French, IT and Business but I don't know what to choose for my last option. I'm torn between DT or RE. Can someone help me out here please? I'm looking to go into Business/Marketing in the future.
Thanks

Choose which subject you find more interesting. Unless you're intending to take DT or RE at A Level, it's completely irrelevant which one you take as far as universities are concerned, so take the one you a) enjoy and b) are more confident you'll do well in.
Reply 4
Original post by vn2410
RE is better, because is more highly regarded by universities, whoever its decision is based on what you what to study at university ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been looking at Marketing/International Business courses with Modern Foreign Languages (preferably French or Chinese if its at beginners level)
Reply 5
Well subjects for business are business, economics geography , English lit , maths surprisingly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Plagioclase
Choose which subject you find more interesting. Unless you're intending to take DT or RE at A Level, it's completely irrelevant which one you take as far as universities are concerned, so take the one you a) enjoy and b) are more confident you'll do well in.

I currently take Graphics for GCSE, but my school does not do Graphics for A Level. However, I currently enjoying studying both, RE and DT, but I'm just not sure which one I would prefer during the A Level course.
I'm worried that if I take DT and don't like it and then take RE and also don't like RE and prefer DT, my school won't allow it because I've dropped the subject previously.
Reply 7
Original post by vn2410
Well subjects for business are business, economics geography , English lit , maths surprisingly

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm terrible at Geography, and English Lit is definitely a no, no from me. I can just managed Shakespeare poetry. But I'm more into Marketing than Business.
Reply 8
Original post by vn2410
However economics would help

Posted from TSR Mobile

My school does not offer Economics for A Level
Reply 9
Original post by invalidname
I currently take Graphics for GCSE, but my school does not do Graphics for A Level. However, I currently enjoying studying both, RE and DT, but I'm just not sure which one I would prefer during the A Level course.
I'm worried that if I take DT and don't like it and then take RE and also don't like RE and prefer DT, my school won't allow it because I've dropped the subject previously.

Have you thought about economics ? Or even government and politics, what other subjects r u doing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
If your worried go to the teachers and ask for the curriculum - remember you can drop the subject for A2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Have you thought about maybe doing economics outside of school

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vn2410
If your worried go to the teachers and ask for the curriculum - remember you can drop the subject for A2

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have to give in my option choices tomorrow, so I need to choose them by tomorrow. But they will not be 100% right until September.
Original post by vn2410
Have you thought about maybe doing economics outside of school

Posted from TSR Mobile

No not really, if I'm honest I dont really know what Economics is about.
Reply 14
Ok then I would do RE, IT , Business and French, however I'm worried about IT

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
IT is a bit slack , maybe look at university specifications and the Russel group informal choises

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vn2410
IT is a bit slack , maybe look at university specifications and the Russel group informal choises

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've always enjoyed IT though
Do Computing / Comp Sci then
Original post by TheGrammarGuru
Do Computing / Comp Sci then

My school don't offer those courses
What school doesn't offer Computing/Economics etc.?

Quick Reply

Latest