University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swissinuk
I have the following offers:

International Management - University of Bath
International Business - University of Warwick
Combined Honours in Social Sciences (bus + geog) - Durham University

I applied to Exeter for Combined honours in Management and Geography.

I don't understand why Exeter would reject me, but the others accepted me.

I am a home student.

It doesn't make sense to me...

I honestly think they rejected you for the sake of rejecting you... I know it sounds silly but it makes them a more top-tier university for having a lower acceptance rate.

It's got nothing to do with your grades, however your competing with thousands of others students with the same grades... I'm guessing this is really because no one with low grades bothers to apply for Exceter so they're like "Damn, who are we supposed to reject now?" and so, here you are....

They say Durham is better anyway I'd go there if I were you!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Disagree with #2

Why no ask them? Does it really matter? perhaps you were close, human beings are involved and maybe the one who looked at your app was less impressed than the other apps in front of them.
warwick is a no brainer, why are you looking at exeter
Original post by gr8wizard10

Ahh the ignorance of youth.
Reply 5

Isn't bath a no brainer over warwick? In terms of the management/business school.
Original post by Nameless Ghoul

don't know people from exeter in investment banking bro soz, can't vouch

Isn't bath a no brainer over warwick? In terms of the management/business school.

no, warwick is a target school for investment banking and that's all that matters in life
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7

I'm guessing you either go to exeter, or you're alumni.
Reply 8
no, warwick is a target school for investment banking and that's all that matters in life

thanks for clearing things up for me, I will go ahead and firm warwick right now. investment banking. is life.
I'm guessing you either go to exeter, or you're alumni.

Alumnus, bud. And yeah, I study at Exeter. Not business, though, because I am not thick.

Because some IB wikia told you that. Look at the number of Exeter students getting internships at top firms. Look at the firms which visit the uni.
Alumnus, bud. And yeah, I study at Exeter. Not business, though, because I am not thick.

Because some IB wikia told you that. Look at the number of Exeter students getting internships at top firms. Look at the firms which visit the uni.

nah m8, i've done several internships in banks and not many to none come from exeter bro soz.. maybe u push numbers into back office, but from the FO class at a bb i don't recall any exeter lads.

on the otherhand almost 25% of students were from warwick

based on those stats alone its a no brainer which school is targeted and between the two warwick >>>>>>>>>>>>> exeter
Reply 11

Hmm, I guess you're salty you couldn't get into a better uni? Look at the number of students from better unis getting internships at better firms, and the amount of top firms that visit other top unis.
Hmm, I guess you're salty you couldn't get into a better uni? Look at the number of students from better unis getting internships at better firms, and the amount of top firms that visit other top unis.

I am not salty at all. I am just trying to make you feel a little bit better about getting rejected off two of our pleb-tier courses. If you want to respond by spreading misinformation about the financial sector, based on your 2 months working in your local Santander, that is your issue.
Reply 13
I am not salty at all. I am just trying to make you feel a little bit better about getting rejected off two of our pleb-tier courses. If you want to respond by spreading misinformation about the financial sector, based on your 2 months working in your local Santander, that is your issue.

You think I would work in my local Santander? Try my local halifax. I do not feel bad about being rejected, it just baffles me that I would be rejected by Exeter, but not the other, better unis.

lmao ur salt levels are high.

kid.. listen.. warwick for careers is a lot stronger placed than exeter.. not saying exeter is **** but it doesn't feature in a list of schools you'd consider for investment banking.

stop giving ppl ur **** anecdotes cause you have 2 students working at bnp paribas. relax urself

shoutout exeter anyway, i like ur schools logo in all fairness
You think I would work in my local Santander? Try my local halifax. I do not feel bad about being rejected, it just baffles me that I would be rejected by Exeter, but not the other, better unis.

bro warwick all the way.. see you in front office :wink:

have a fair few friends from warwick i work with in industry.. sharp guys
lmao ur salt levels are high.

kid.. listen.. warwick for careers is a lot stronger placed than exeter.. not saying exeter is **** but it doesn't feature in a list of schools you'd consider for investment banking.

stop giving ppl ur **** anecdotes cause you have 2 students working at bnp paribas. relax urself

shoutout exeter anyway, i like ur schools logo in all fairness

Why would I be salty? It's you who's at Cass, on an ABB course. 19th in your subject. I know you're trying to get into the conversation to try to remain relevant, but you have to be real to yourself here. You don't know what you're on about, our lad.
Why would I be salty? It's you who's at Cass, on an ABB course. 19th in your subject. I know you're trying to get into the conversation to try to remain relevant, but you have to be real to yourself here. You don't know what you're on about, our lad.

kid, my school (whilst i hate any type of formal education anyway) is better positioned for banking than ur school would ever be. but for when salt levels are high you're trying to move away from the conversation.

regardless, it's an innate fact you can't counter-argue that warwick is a lot better placed than exeter (which 95% of the banking industry has probably never heard of)

get some statistics if you want to make a formal argument which u know you won't win, cause u speak out of ur arse
kid, my school (whilst i hate any type of formal education anyway) is better positioned for banking than ur school would ever be. but for when salt levels are high you're trying to move away from the conversation.

regardless, it's an innate fact you can't counter-argue that warwick is a lot better placed than exeter (which 95% of the banking industry has probably never heard of)

get some statistics if you want to make a formal argument

It's an AAB course at best. You might as well be at Surrey. Naturally, you want to believe there are few "good" unis in the top bracket so that your mid-tier uni has fewer rivals, but it's a lie. A cute little lie, but a lie nonetheless.
I have the following offers:

International Management - University of Bath
International Business - University of Warwick
Combined Honours in Social Sciences (bus + geog) - Durham University

I applied to Exeter for Combined honours in Management and Geography.

I don't understand why Exeter would reject me, but the others accepted me.

I am a home student.

It doesn't make sense to me...

Don't worry, (Bath+Warwick+Durham)>Exeter anyday.

We're all gonna make it! :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending