The Student Room Group

Which Television BA?

Can anybody recommend me a course out of the three in the list below and why?
Overall I'm looking to choose a course which covers technical skills, is established and has a high employment rate.

Middlesex- Television Prod. BA
Westminster- Television Prod. BA
UAL LCC- Film and Television BA

If you could tell me what you know about even one of the courses listed I'd be grateful.

Thanks
I have been accepted both for Westminster and UAL, but I think I prefer Westminster. Just everything I have read about both unis, and the feel I got of the places when I visited. I also think Westminster's statistics are better. I read at UniStats that the employment rate is higher for Westminster, as well as the student satisfaction. Also, the amount of hours spend in seminars, workshops and lectures are higher at Westminster which I prefer as I don't want a very theory based course, and I think that it is connected. But even though the statistics might point to Westminster, UAL or Middlesex might be the best place for you. So my best recommendation is to visit the places and get a feel for them yourself. But for myself I would recommend Westminster. :smile:
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply and congrats on your offers. I agree with what your saying about unistats but wasn't sure how accurate the stats were. When I went for the UAL interview they said there was over 1000 applicants so Im wondering why it's so popular. Maybe it's the name. Their showreel is also very impressive but overall I think I'm leaning towards Westminster.
Showreels will almost always be impressive as there are talents everywhere and they only choose the best work. And statistics are not everything. It's you who have to study there, so whatever your gut or heart prefer is where you should go :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending