The Student Room Group

Is it possible to get AAB with these AS grades?

I got BCC at AS. Is it possible to get AAB overall without retaking?

I got a C in AS for History. I got an A in my A2 coursework which is worth 40%. My teacher said this means I'll be going into the exam on a low B.

I got a C in AS English. I've got A*/A (idk if they have A* but one mark of full marks) in my A2 English Lit coursework. I'm not sure how much it's worth but I think about 20%.

I don't think it's possible to get AAB, but just want confirmation so I know which uni offers to firm. I've been offered places at Uni of Birmingham and Uni of Nottingham, but surely they must know I won't get AAB by looking at my AS grades and seeing that I'm not resitting??!

Thank you!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Jessica the bot gets it wrong again. And in answer to your question I don't know, god I'm such a bot.
Original post by lovepeacelife

I got a C in AS for History. I got an A in my A2 coursework which is worth 40%. My teacher said this means I'll be going into the exam on a low B.

I got a C in AS English. I've got A*/A (idk if they have A* but one mark of full marks) in my A2 English Lit coursework. I'm not sure how much it's worth but I think about 20%.

I don't think it's possible to get AAB, but just want confirmation so I know which uni offers to firm. I've been offered places at Uni of Birmingham and Uni of Nottingham, but surely they must know I won't get AAB by looking at my AS grades and seeing that I'm not resitting??!

Thank you!

Depending on you UMS scores from AS, but probably yes.
Original post by Thomb
Jessica the bot gets it wrong again. And in answer to your question I don't know, god I'm such a bot.

She bumped the thread and now it has replies - exactly as intended :h:
Original post by lovepeacelife

Thank you!

Could you post your UMS for each subject? Are you resitting any AS modules? If so, it's definitely possible - if not, not so possible. If you list your exams I could work out what you'd need in each exam for AAB (including resits)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest