The Student Room Group

Revision help!

So i have obviously started revision for my GCSEs, i have condensed notes and been trying to memorize them for ages, i just feel like nothing is going in. I feel so unprepared and scared for exams and i really just need some effective revision tips! Thankyou! xx
Start now !!
Original post by nisha.sri
Start now !!

I already have! :smile: x
I think even if I started revision years before the exam, I would never feel fully prepared! :tongue: I guess that feeling of nervousness comes from the fact you don't know what questions will be asked, but it seems like you're on the right track already by condensing your notes. An effective technique for recall questions is to revise with your friends and create a big list of questions to test each other on. This works well because you're actually speaking out loud, for some people this is how they learn best. Good luck with exams! :redface:
Original post by tiquismiquis
I think even if I started revision years before the exam, I would never feel fully prepared! :tongue: I guess that feeling of nervousness comes from the fact you don't know what questions will be asked, but it seems like you're on the right track already by condensing your notes. An effective technique for recall questions is to revise with your friends and create a big list of questions to test each other on. This works well because you're actually speaking out loud, for some people this is how they learn best. Good luck with exams! :redface:

YEah! i am definitely nervous for the exams themselves but i just cant stop feeling a little unprepared! And thankyou, i might have to try that with my friends! :smile: xx
Reply 5
try different ways to revise
make flashcards
stick posters on your walls
read your notes aloud
look at your notes then cover them to see what you remember
make mindmaps after revision to see how much you have learnt
there are loads of ways
Original post by k.m.b
try different ways to revise
make flashcards
stick posters on your walls
read your notes aloud
look at your notes then cover them to see what you remember
make mindmaps after revision to see how much you have learnt
there are loads of ways

I just didnt know which one is going to be effective! but thankyou for these suggestions! i will try them out xx
Reply 7
try doing loads of past papers aswell and going over the questions you get wrong
Reply 8
I think to memorize or revise your notes, you should try saying your notes out loud, after that you should teach it someone in order to remember it better.

Quick Reply

Latest