The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Armastan
Exactly what I was going to say. We're not seeing any Sikhs, Hindus or Buddhists blowing places up and gunning innocent people down. With Islam claiming to be a religion of peace and then its followers murdering non-believers, which are the majority of the world's population, its no wonder there's so much hatred for them.

Islam itself is anything but a religion of peace.
Ever read the holy book of fairy stories? Much of the content is about some long dead pedo raising an army to take over the world.
Original post by lNurl
I'm bringing back north korea, they do many things to their own too....why don't America do anything? believe me, if they wanted they could.

Because there's no point wasting resources on a lost cause who hasn't actually attacked you despite it's posturing. If NK launched an wave of bombings in America and SK, things would change very quickly.
Reply 102
Original post by brainhuman
I mean they have views that directly oppose those that we have worked towards for a long time. They are more or less stuck in the century that their religion was formed in.

We have moved way beyond the time Christianity was formed. I don't want to go back to that.

And stop being silly. Nerdphobia really?

I'm not sure of that. Islamic and 'Western' culture are still compatible. There are some differences but nothing major. E.G. One says you have to do something, while the other says you aren't allowed.

Fair enough.

LOL. But then again, one could argue that nerdophobia does exist... but let's not go into that.
Because those other religions tend to be less of a problem. Furthermore people with those religions are more likely to integrate into other societies.
Original post by JC.
Islam itself is anything but a religion of peace.
Ever read the holy book of fairy stories? Much of the content is about some long dead pedo raising an army to take over the world.

Bull****
Reply 105
Original post by joey11223
Because there's no point wasting resources on a lost cause who hasn't actually attacked you despite it's posturing. If NK launched an wave of bombings in America and SK, things would change very quickly.

I need to do some research how america got involved with Iraq and Syria, I don't know how Iraq bombed USA first
Too funny.

Germany being Germany it is much more accepting of Muslims as a whole into the country (though that of course has changed with Merkel letting in just a ridiculous number). However the one group that have always had a bad rep, even in the oh so liberal, let's not offend anyone press, and that are "Salafisten" as they are known.

But hey, according to you they're just dandy, so we are all wrong.

Oh is there anything more you'd like to add and to this labelled 'one group' ?

Yeah I know right, you're totally wrong.

Original post by Good bloke
What, precisely, have I said that is factually incorrect (other than that Mohammed made it all up himself, of course, which is my own, well-founded, opinion)? Do you deny he was a warlord? Did he not lead his people in wars in Arabia? Were they not superstitious? Please tell me which facts are wrong.

The companions lived in the seventh century and were fighting a war. You live in the twenty-first century and are part of the supposed religion of peace.

No. No. No. Yeah they're wrong.

Yes I am and proud and other future generations will also.

Have a nice evening.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=brainhuman;64677135]Because Muslims and their supporters like to victimize themselves.

You could google the term Moslem and you'd learn its meaning.

Yes yes they love victimising themselves. Who doesn't love being discriminated against? All the muslims who complain of being assaulted physically and verbally and of discrimination and prejudice are all compulsive liars? Amirite?
Original post by lNurl
it was metaphoric...

pig & alcohol can be anything that Islamic country don't agree with.

it can be oil, it can be freedom, it can be way of life, it can be other resources.....

Lmao at this load of utter bollicks
Original post by Erebor
So just a conspiracy and nothing to do with islam and it being an incredibly violent, medieval cult that was never reformed? It isn't just the West, the entire world is under attack.

Countries in which Islamist terrorist attacks have occurred between September 11, 2001, and May 2013 :

That doesnt make what he said before that unvalid tho.
How about a graphic of 'Islamic' attacks before 2001or maybe before the first gulf war, im quite curious to see that tbh. (im being inquisitive not attacking btw lol)
Original post by Proxenus
Because ISIS members claim they are islamic and so this gives Islam and bad name. Simple.

Err no. Did you just start reading newspapers last year mate? Islamaphobia is a thousand years old. Literally. Ever heard of the Crusades, friend?
The Hebrew Exodus?
The Hellenistic era?
Gaza?
British Repatriation of Pakistani Muslims, specifically in the 70s?
9/11?
:rolleyes:
ISIS?

You were actually born in 1998, weren't you?

Problem with Muslims existed way before ISIS.

LOL this
Just posted this to another simpleton
[QUOTE=Good bloke;64678779]If you are going to use "Islamophobe" I suggest you tell me what definition you are using. Are you including mere criticism of Islam in it? Or do you accuse me of hating Moslems? If the latter, on what specific basis?

Don't keep throwing out insults and appealing to the beliefs of a load of superstitious and, often, badly-educated people who have been indoctrinated into their beliefs from birth.. Tell me exactly what I said that is hateful, and why.

I've been spelling the word in that perfectly acceptable and valid way for many years now and have no intention of changing. I suggest you check out a reputable dictionary:

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/moslem

I also use "gaol", "mediaeval" and "encyclopaedia"; why do you not complain about that?

Presumably because you don't understand English well enough.

Well if a neutral person were to go through your posts and was asked the question "Is Good Bloke an islamophobe", most likely they will affirm it. This is just common sense. The same thing would apply if you asked them "Does he have love or hatred for muslims?"

It's just that it surprises me; the extent and passion some of you lot have on TSR to spend a significant time of your day trying to bring down the islamic faith. Are you threatened by Muslims/Islam? I dunno. But something has to explain your obsession.
Reply 113
Original post by champ_mc99
Bull****

The holy mo was a war-monger. Fact.
Open a history book.
Original post by Leukocyte
Oh is there anything more you'd like to add and to this labelled 'one group' ?

Yeah I know right, you're totally wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh dang. You really showed me.

lmfao
Original post by Truthteller10
Mate, the whole 1.8 billion garbage you muslims spout trying to tell us that it's only a small minority of muslims who are radical all get incinerated with just a simple search on the Islamic terror section on the pew research website

Mate. I never spoke anything remotely close to what you are implying. Although, what is your actual point? Use punctuation and learn syntax before attemping to sound clever.
Original post by Zargabaath
In the Eastern vedic based religions, there isn't that same sense of entitlement. The ideologies are allowed to be criticised.
They don't hold themselves to the same importance and righteousness as the Abrahamic faiths

Not sure about Sikhism and Buddhism but it says in Hinduism that you can reject anything that goes against modern times. Hence why things like Sati (which is mentioned in literature pieces) has been banned in India. It's not like that in Islam I don't think. If it was, then there wouldn't be people in the world being killed for being gay, leaving Islam, having Western attitudes etc.
Mainly because the most high profile terroist attacks in recent years have been predominantly muslim and thats what the media focuses on Also, theres a larger muslim population across the world in general than buddhists or sikhs so theres that to be taken into account, so even those there are millions and millions of absolutely brilliant muslims out there, theres a larger population of terrorists to go along with that too, even though its way less than 1% of all muslims. Stupid really
Its because there have been so many islamic terrorist attacks since 9/11 onwards. Literally thousands of western civilians butchered by the religion of peace. Add to that the adherents who openly espouse hatred for the west and its ideals like freedom, democracy, basically the pillars of our enlightened way of life.
Sprinkle on all of the security changes at airports and so forth and voila, now we all have an irrational fear of Islam according to our politicans and media despite them repeatedly taking harsher and further unprecedented steps to bolster security to protect its irrational islamic terrorist fearing civilians and infrastructure..

Switch Islamic terrorists around with Sikh terrorists and we would be talking about Sikhophobia
(edited 7 years ago)
Op the reason there is no Islamaphobia is because number one the countries with Islam as a predominant religion like Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan have always been vulnerable to invasions, NOT just the "West" (you mean the United States don't you? @lNurl) in modern times

*@lNurl When you look at Afghanistan's geography you'll see why it's for a fact been getting invaded and warred with, yes, for its resources, since even the Pharaonic Period, but it's not just "the west" it's a timeless fate. The barrier is Islam. Whether there are natural resources the gov't wants to exploit or not, wars start not just over oil and that nonsense you mentioned. It can be a lack of communication and negotiation about various policies and other things.

Islamaphobia has also been around before "the west" wanted its oil, and what you're on about is during the Bush presidency, aren't you? Yeah well Islamic countries have been enemies of the world long before, ever heard of the Crusades? Or Moses? Gaza? Nowt to do with ****ing oil sweetheart. Islam has just been a massive problem because it's shown to be barbaric and full of stubborn supporters.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending