The Student Room Group
LOL...the oracle speaks!...is there anything you don't know lessthanthree! brilliant!

...sorry have just done 12 hours straight- working in an office and my brain is fried!
i'm watching it now. seems interesting!

x
Reply 3
I missed it! I went out and set the videa to reccord and went to watch it this moring and its just blank....yet im sure I set it! And its ITV so won't be on 4OD. Its like the Lie of the Land all over again - how can I constantly miss these programmes? lol!
Reply 4
lol. can u tell us about it?? the points and arguments it made?? i missed it (just like everything else!) and i probably wont be able to see it again as i work very irratic hours.
thanks xx
ok off topic..but what job do you do lucyrobyn?
i too missed it.......... as i fell asleep with the tv on!!!!...oops :p: :eek:
It talked about animal welfare on various organic poultry farms and explained an experiment they did with organic chickens to determine the fat/protein content and they found that it had increased largely.

Another thing that was mentioned was the presence of campylobacter (the most common cause of food poisoning from chicken meat) and how it was very common amongst chickens and that some can lead to human poisoning wheras some don't.

It also had stuff on about the RSPCA supposedly keeping an eye on the farms and how they obviously hadnt been because some of the conditions the chickens were living in were disgraceful and they had burns on the backs of their legs where their urine had burnt off skin.

thats pretty much all i can remember lol. :biggrin:
Reply 7
cheers ashley! so are you for or against? lol.

mad prospective vet - i work in a restaurant as a waitress/kp/receptionist, so i sometimes work 12hr+ days. . . the hours are meant to be set out like breakfast 7-11, lunch 11-3, dinner 6-10. but it rarely works out like that, because quite often the chef/kp turns up drunk, or someone phones in sick so you do their job aswell.
OMG- you are insane:eek: - good on you though! :shakehand
Reply 9
I hope they pay you good overtime! lol
welcome :smile:
They raised the topic of the publics view of organic food as 'healthier' or 'better for you' - which is a bit bizarre if you know a bit about organic, the controlled and limited medication, and vaccination rules. I guess alot of people are just poorly informed, and the programme didnt go very far to remedy it to be honest.
I felt the statistics were particularly weak, 64% of chicken has such and such. What chickens, where from, there was no infomation to make them relevant, no real credibility for the studies - unless i missed something?

What did anyone else think?

Latest

Trending

Trending