The Student Room Group

Dispute DT coursework mark?

I currently take DT Systems and Controls, and DT Product Design.

I got a mark for my coursework on Systems (98%), and we found out we were being moderated. The chief moderator came down from Liverpool, as well as the guy at AQA who writes the DT exam papers. After several hours of looking over all our projects, they told my teachers that they were happy with my grade, and it would not move.

In Product Design, I have a very similar folder of the same quality (lots of pages are almost the same, just changed to be relevant for my product). The specification between the two subjects is identical. My product is of even higher quality than my systems in my opinion.

However I am doubting that I will be given a mark close to my systems mark. I am expecting around 85-90% max, based of my teacher's hints. I have explained that my systems project was awarded 98% and that the moderators felt that was fair.

If I do get a grade much lower than my systems grade, is there any way to dispute it, and ask for it to be re-assessed in some way?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest