The Student Room Group

I don't know what to do.

1. I'm 19 years old, in last year ofcollege.
I want to get into physiotherapy, however no university has accepted me, noteven from ucas extra. (most deadlines for healthcare courses have been met, sothey're not accepting anyone anymore as most are full)

I've applied for a healthcare assistant apprenticeship and have got acceptedinto it.

If you were in this position, would you accept the apprenticeship and gouniversity the year after? (physiotherapy will no longer be nhs funded nextyear)

Or would you try your luck at clearing, sacrificing the apprenticeship offer asa result?

I really dont know what to do.

please help.

thanks.
Heres some extra info on the apprenticeship

Pay band 1, so 15.2k a year
However, it is a level 2 apprenticeship. (level 3 apprenticeships are 18 monthslong)
I would also get other qualifications from the apprenticeship, and 12 months ofclinical work experience.

what do you think?
I'd go for the apprenticeship and try again for uni the year after, at least you will definitely know you have something to do this year and gain valuable experience and an extra qualification. you will also still be able to stay on the same career path whereas If you reject the apprenticeship and get rejected at clearing you will have nothing to do.
Reply 2
Go for the apprenticeship, but try through Clearing anyway. If you don't get anything then you have the apprenticeship to fall back on - if you do get through Clearing you will be able to leave the apprenticeship for uni.
Reply 3
Hello, I know this is a long time ago post but wondered if I could ask your experiences doing the healthcare apprenticeship and then how/if you went onto Physiotherapy? I’m a mature student wondering how best to get into the field and finding it hard, Thanks so much for any help you can give 😊

Latest

Trending

Trending