The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by silverbolt
Your the one who didnt wrap it up. - The pill is NOT 100% and (you have said nothing apart from your own somewhat understandable woe is me) act to indicate she lied.
What makes you think condoms are 100 percent effective? They aren't.
Congrats on being a dad.

I suggest you have a chat with her and arrange how you will take care of your kid. You should prepare to finish your uni quickly and start a job.

You need to take responsibility for your actions and be a man.
Original post by tapir
What makes you think condoms are 100 percent effective? They aren't.

I fail to see your point as I never mentioned the effectiveness of condoms (not to mention reviving a year old thread).

However the condom is the single most reliable method of contraception if used correctly for the prevention of STDs and pregnancy. This is not an opinion this is a scientific and medical fact.

No contraception is ever going to be marketed as 100% effective.
In case you don't know, sometimes women also forget things. If we forget to take the pill for two days, things change. Maybe she forgot to take it and it shifted something. That has happened to a girl I know. And you should have used protection, you're a grown man. You should be honest with her. You don't need to be with her, you just need to co-parent with her. It doesn't stop you from chasing your dreams, you just have to own up to the situation, ask for some help and work harder.
Original post by Anonymous
So I've been seeing this girl L for the last 4 to 5 months. We usually go on a small "date" and then head back to hers for some fun.

We told eachother we wouldn't get in contact other than for sex or setting up the "date".

She got in contact yesterday evening to say that she's pregnant and has been for 2 weeks. Wth!?

She was meant to be on the pill, so she has clearly lied to me... now she's telling me she wants to keep it and wants me in her life as the father.

I'm 21, I'm not cut out to be a dad quite yet... I've got my career in mind and I'm not mature enough either.

I don't know what to do from here?

how did it all go in the end

Latest

Trending

Trending