The Student Room Group

PGDip Physician Associate

Hi everyone

So I have been lucky enough to get an interview for the Physician Associate PGDip at Plymouth in a couple weeks. My worry is, just received degree classification yesterday and only got a 2:2.

I have had the year from hell in my personal life, everything and anything that could happen did, and I'm delighted that I still managed to get through with this! However, I'm now concerned whether this would automatically eliminate me in the eyes of Plymouth with it being lower than a 2:1?

Any information or experience would be greatly appreciated! I've also posted this in the Postgrad forum as not sure which is most relevant.

Tia
Hi Tia
I am currently doing the PA in Plymouth (I'm a first year), I could give you some tips about the interview process if you want, send me a personal message.
A 2.2 is not ideal but is definitely not a deal breaker just yet. Put some emphasis on your clinical background. If you have been a volunteer, or worked in a hospital, or had any patient contact before, talk a lot about those.
Show them how important is to be a well rounded student with a good knowledge of the NHS system and patient care/communication along with grades and academic work.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your Bachelors in and what University did you attend?

Quick Reply

Latest