The Student Room Group

Do not give in! After college story sharing

Hi All,

So many have you have just finished/or are finishing you’re a-level exams, and I know there will be some of you that have done worse than you had hoped or expected. I just wanted to take some time to request any stories from people that were in the same boat. What did you do? How did you feel? Did you make the right choices?

I shall start;

Personally I gave in with my A-Levels around February time and started not attending my lessons, I sat the exams anyway and actually came out with 2 D’s so not too awful considering how much I flunked. I also actually managed to secure a spot at Uni studying Astronomy (not my first choice of course, I wanted to go into aviation engineering)
So I thought a lot, ended up turning down my Uni place and started working full time. I needed time to figure out what I wanted from life! I eventually started up a Level 3 course which I fund myself and work from home in the evenings! I’m thoroughly enjoying it and know I’ve found my place! I have aspirations now that I know are my own!
I just wanted to say, that I know a lot of parents push you to go to Uni, but there are other options! My parents were so disappointed in me for turning down my Uni place, saying any degree is better than no degree! But now they are so proud of me and know that I am in a place where I need to be!

Your turn!
:smile:
Original post by rubybrown1234
Hi All,

So many have you have just finished/or are finishing you’re a-level exams, and I know there will be some of you that have done worse than you had hoped or expected. I just wanted to take some time to request any stories from people that were in the same boat. What did you do? How did you feel? Did you make the right choices?

I shall start;

Personally I gave in with my A-Levels around February time and started not attending my lessons, I sat the exams anyway and actually came out with 2 D’s so not too awful considering how much I flunked. I also actually managed to secure a spot at Uni studying Astronomy (not my first choice of course, I wanted to go into aviation engineering)
So I thought a lot, ended up turning down my Uni place and started working full time. I needed time to figure out what I wanted from life! I eventually started up a Level 3 course which I fund myself and work from home in the evenings! I’m thoroughly enjoying it and know I’ve found my place! I have aspirations now that I know are my own!
I just wanted to say, that I know a lot of parents push you to go to Uni, but there are other options! My parents were so disappointed in me for turning down my Uni place, saying any degree is better than no degree! But now they are so proud of me and know that I am in a place where I need to be!

Your turn!
:smile:
What's the level 3 course in may I ask? :smile:
Original post by RedRosesBloom
What's the level 3 course in may I ask? :smile:

Hi There! I'm doing my Level 3 Accountancy through AAT :smile:
Original post by rubybrown1234
Hi There! I'm doing my Level 3 Accountancy through AAT :smile:
Oh that's is really good! :smile: did you have to start from level 2 or did you go straight into level 3?

Quick Reply

Latest