The Student Room Group

Best degree to get into investment banking?

I am aiming to be an investment banker (not sure which field), however, I don't know which degree could get me further towards my goal Geography at Southampton, Birmingham, Nottingham, York or Sussex. Or I could do Computer Science at Nottingham, Sussex or KCL (with a two lower type unis at backup/space fillers) I don't do maths hence the small choice range. Just wondering what would help me out in the long run. I enjoy both subjects equally and am predicted the grades to get me into any of the Unis mentioned above.
Thanks

Also I am doing English Lit, Geography and Computer Science and maybe Economics and I'm finishing Year 12.
(edited 7 years ago)
CS at Notts
Original post by Dvizex
I am aiming to be an investment banker (not sure which field), however, I don't know which degree could get me further towards my goal Geography at Southampton, Birmingham, Nottingham, York or Sussex. Or I could do Computer Science at Nottingham, Sussex or KCL (with a two lower type unis at backup/space fillers) I don't do maths hence the small choice range. Just wondering what would help me out in the long run. I enjoy both subjects equally and am predicted the grades to get me into any of the Unis mentioned above.
Thanks

Also I am doing English Lit, Geography and Computer Science and maybe Economics and I'm finishing Year 12.

Any degree at a target or semi target

So ideally Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Imperial (targets); Notts, Durham, Bristol, Bath, Cass Business School ('stronger' semi targets); KCL, Exeter, Manchester, Edinburgh and St Andrews (the last lot of the semi-targets).

Being at a target will make life a lot easier but realistically you can break in from any of the above.

In your case, Notts CS or Geog (whichever you prefer more) then KCL CS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
out of your aforementioned unis KCL and Notts would be the best bet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending