The Student Room Group

Car insurance quotes getting higher?

In about a month or so im going to by my first car and i have been checking different cars for insurance quotes. So far ive got some quotes which seem really good such as £2700 for a Audi A1 1.4T on compare the market with me as the main driver and my parents named second and third. But i checked again 2 hours later and the quote has jumped to over £4000 with no change in my details. Also, when ever i go on confused.com to get a quote now, i can never get a quote on any car even though i got quotes yesterday for an Astra and Corsa. Is it because im checking a lot of cars?

Any help would be appreciated :smile:
Car insurance is a piss take, as is insurance in general. The government requires people to have insurance to drive, yet they do absolutely **** all to restrict pricing to an affordable level.
The fluctuating prices you are experiencing are caused by phenomena that isn't well understood.
Original post by AshZL1
In about a month or so im going to by my first car and i have been checking different cars for insurance quotes. So far ive got some quotes which seem really good such as £2700 for a Audi A1 1.4T on compare the market with me as the main driver and my parents named second and third. But i checked again 2 hours later and the quote has jumped to over £4000 with no change in my details. Also, when ever i go on confused.com to get a quote now, i can never get a quote on any car even though i got quotes yesterday for an Astra and Corsa. Is it because im checking a lot of cars?

Any help would be appreciated :smile:

Yes - this is also a technique used by Ryanair. They log your IP address and when you return they bump up the price. It gives customers a sense of urgency that they must buy now or the price will go up even further. Try from a different computer or account or don't use Compare the Market or go direct or use a broker.

But £2700 a year is ridiculous. That is a super-dooper holiday a year p1ssed away to an insurance company. Surely getting a 'no frills' car would be a much better bet on the insurance side of things? Either that or get taxis everywhere - and you would still save money.
The ONLY way to get cheaper insurance is to add parents to your insurance and let them be a second driver... I just insured my car (I am 20... 1.4)

From 2400 to 1200. That's with my mum on the car insurance. Also try using devices a few times... the price can go up the more you visit.
Reply 4
Original post by ByEeek
But £2700 a year is ridiculous. That is a super-dooper holiday a year p1ssed away to an insurance company. Surely getting a 'no frills' car would be a much better bet on the insurance side of things? Either that or get taxis everywhere - and you would still save money.

For me £2700 is the best its going to get to be honest, a citreon c1 is £2500 a year so i dont mind spending an extra £200 for double the horsepower and a tubro xD.

Also in reply to other post by urbanlocations, i've already added both my parents as second and third drivers and it did cuts costs by about half as well. It's probably expensive because i live in Zone 2 right next to camden and my area is prone to crime.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending