The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

2016/17 - need help with accommodation choices!!

Hey guys!
I'm going to be studying Illustration at Lincoln University and I'm currently trying to choose which accommodation I should apply for. I have it narrowed down to two choices: Brayford Quay or Park Court, but I have no idea which one I should go for as my first choice? I've heard mixed reviews about them both so i'm really stuck and thought I would ask for some help!
If there are any students that are living in either accommodations already, would you be able to give me some pro's and con's to help me decide please? I wanted to know which were more value for money, how quiet/loud and how clean they are. I wanted to originally go for Park Courts because it was cheaper for an en-suite, but I overheard that there's been some complaints with silverfishes in the bathrooms and that's really put me off, but i'm not sure if that's still a problem?
OH-- And I also wanted to know which accommodation usually holds the most freshers, since i'm going to be a fresher and thought it would be easier to live with others.
Thankyou for the help, it's really appreciated!
Reply 1
Original post by Rachaaayyy
Hey guys!
I'm going to be studying Illustration at Lincoln University and I'm currently trying to choose which accommodation I should apply for. I have it narrowed down to two choices: Brayford Quay or Park Court, but I have no idea which one I should go for as my first choice? I've heard mixed reviews about them both so i'm really stuck and thought I would ask for some help!
If there are any students that are living in either accommodations already, would you be able to give me some pro's and con's to help me decide please? I wanted to know which were more value for money, how quiet/loud and how clean they are. I wanted to originally go for Park Courts because it was cheaper for an en-suite, but I overheard that there's been some complaints with silverfishes in the bathrooms and that's really put me off, but i'm not sure if that's still a problem?
OH-- And I also wanted to know which accommodation usually holds the most freshers, since i'm going to be a fresher and thought it would be easier to live with others.
Thankyou for the help, it's really appreciated!

Is Brayford Quay still accepting applicatons for this year? They're usually over subscribed and a few people said that they weren't able to select it as a choice when they made their accommodation application a month ago or so. /:
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by m_james
Is Brayford Quay still accepting applicatons for this year? They're usually over subscribed and a few people said that they weren't able to select it as a choice when they made their accommodation application a month ago or so. /:

Ah, I checked and it seems that Brayford is already full, so I had to choose Park Court's for my first anyway, couldn't even put Brayford as any choice. Bummer :/
I put park court for first choice too! I'm surprised it isn't more popular considering it's cheaper than most other halls, I'm hoping it's just as good as staying at others!
Hi there,Try asking on your Applicants Facebook and Twitter pages...

https://www.facebook.com/uolapplicants2016/?fref=nf

https://twitter.com/UoLApplicants

Darren
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
First years apply through the university website - there's allocation available at ALL accommodation sites - so Brayford Quays is far from full, they'll allocate accommodation once A-Level students have got their results through - try not to worry about it - most accommodation in Lincoln is pretty decent so wherever you end up you should be fine :smile:
Reply 6
If you need accommodation in halls I have a guaranteed room at Pavilions at a discounted rate. This will be with freshers as well. message me for more details

Quick Reply

Latest