The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

2017 Uni of Bristol applicants mega-thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CutieTootsie
medicine, but maths is my "just in case choice" - thought I would have heard back by now

Good luck~
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 301
I just got an offer from Bristol for Economics and Management for AAA, exactly two weeks after I sent off my application
Has anyone applying for aerospace engineering received an offer yet? Also just curious to know what other universities you applied to? :colondollar:
Original post by Chris_98
Has anyone applying for aerospace engineering received an offer yet? Also just curious to know what other universities you applied to? :colondollar:

Yeah i applied to Bristol Bath Southampton Surrey Nottingham.

I have offers from Nottingham and Surrey so far. HBU

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone received any offer for Economics and finance from Bristol till now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=mahmzo;68241470]Yeah i applied to Bristol Bath Southampton Surrey Nottingham.

I have offers from Nottingham and Surrey so far. HBU

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have an offer from Southampton and I have a guaranteed offer from Bristol because I went to the summer school, but I haven't heard from Bristol yet. I've also applied to Cambridge, Bath and Sheffield
Reply 306
Original post by Cecile989
Got an email this morning from Bristol saying thank you again for applying and that they still haven't made a decision about my application, should I be worried ? has anyone else been emailed this ?

I got this email as well, what subject are you applying to?
I'm like two weeks late with this oops but I got an offer for biochemistry!
I have an offer from Southampton and I have a guaranteed offer from Bristol because I went to the summer school, but I haven't heard from Bristol yet. I've also applied to Cambridge, Bath and Sheffield

Hmm, what date did you send off your application ? Also when/ time did you recieve your offer from southampton.

So wait if you go to Bristols summer school you are 100% getting an offer??

Bristol is my No1 irealy hope I get in

Also roughly how many people went to the Aerospace engineering summer course?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mahmzo
Hmm, what date did you send off your application ? Also when/ time did you recieve your offer from southampton.

I think they guarantee you an interview/offer as long as you meet their entry requirements
Original post by mahmzo

I sent my application off early this month. I think everything got sent off on 13th October. I received my Southampton offer two days ago. I get a guaranteed conditional offer if I make the grades for Bristol, as I think someone said previously.

On the course, it was a mixed engineering course, so we had sessions on different fields of engineering. Some people wanted to do civil, some wanted to do mechanical, some aerospace etc, so I cant give you an exact number of those applying for aerospace, but there were around 15 of us altogether in the course, if that helps?

Bristol is my number one choice at the moment too! I'm still very undecided on Cambridge, but I loved Bristol when I went! Hopefully, we can both get in!!! Let me know if you want to know anything else :3

Good luck!
I sent my application off early this month. I think everything got sent off on 13th October. I received my Southampton offer two days ago. I get a guaranteed conditional offer if I make the grades for Bristol, as I think someone said previously.

On the course, it was a mixed engineering course, so we had sessions on different fields of engineering. Some people wanted to do civil, some wanted to do mechanical, some aerospace etc, so I cant give you an exact number of those applying for aerospace, but there were around 15 of us altogether in the course, if that helps?

Bristol is my number one choice at the moment too! I'm still very undecided on Cambridge, but I loved Bristol when I went! Hopefully, we can both get in!!! Let me know if you want to know anything else :3

Good luck!

Hmm thats strange :/ i sent my application off on the 12th of october and i have not heard back from Southampton yet...

Anyway, how did you find the aero talks/lectures.

I went to the open day so had a very small taster, but loved it haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
[QUOTE=mahmzo;68247468]Hmm thats strange :/ i sent my application off on the 12th of october and i have not heard back from Southampton yet...

Anyway, how did you find the aero talks/lectures.

I went to the open day so had a very small taster, but loved it haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't worry about Southampton not giving you an offer yet. They have to consider each application fairly, so I assume it just takes time really. Plus you have two offers already! That's more than most people! ;D

The talks were good. They seem to know what they're doing and explained the course clearly. We had PhD students giving us a lecture on angle of attack and drag coefficients, which was very interesting, then we built planes which were then attached to this pole that spun the plane around in circles to demonstrate these concepts. We had a competition to see who's plane could fly at the slowest speed. What was funny was that we were a few milliseconds off the undergraduates time, and they've had weeks to build their plane, while we had 2 hours, but we did have some help :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Akhil1999.gs
Has anyone received any offer for Economics and finance from Bristol till now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What subjects do you do?
I wouldn't worry about Southampton not giving you an offer yet. They have to consider each application fairly, so I assume it just takes time really. Plus you have two offers already! That's more than most people! ;D

The talks were good. They seem to know what they're doing and explained the course clearly. We had PhD students giving us a lecture on angle of attack and drag coefficients, which was very interesting, then we built planes which were then attached to this pole that spun the plane around in circles to demonstrate these concepts. We had a competition to see who's plane could fly at the slowest speed. What was funny was that we were a few milliseconds off the undergraduates time, and they've had weeks to build their plane, while we had 2 hours, but we did have some help :tongue:

Guess so, haha. Ill just be so happy with that Bristol offer though.

But yeah that sounds so good. I am really looking forward to it. Just need to work hard, get an offer and get those grades.

Did you live in the accomodation while at the summer school? During the open day i attended a few accomodation look arounds. I really like the look of Hiat Baker Hall (self catered). There was also one that looked like hogwarts

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=mahmzo;68248974]Guess so, haha. Ill just be so happy with that Bristol offer though.

But yeah that sounds so good. I am really looking forward to it. Just need to work hard, get an offer and get those grades.

Did you live in the accomodation while at the summer school? During the open day i attended a few accomodation look arounds. I really like the look of Hiat Baker Hall (self catered). There was also one that looked like hogwarts

Posted from TSR Mobile

I stayed at Badock Hall. It was catered. Personally, I wouldn't want to stay there. I didn't really like the accommodation. The one that looks like Hogwarts is Wills Hall, I think? It's very Oxbridge looking. I'd love to go to Wills. They have formals where you dress up in your academic gown and have dinner, just like Oxbridge! I was also looking at some accommodation in Clifton. I like Manor Hall and Goldney Hall.
Original post by abi2027
I got this email as well, what subject are you applying to?

History, you?
I got an offer from Bristol for bsc economics and finance. Am I the first one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice, I have an offer for straight Economics :smile: I haven't seen anyone else for E&F yet, so you may well be one of the first!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice I think you are, I still havent recived a repsonse back from them yet for Economics and Finance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending