The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

2017 Uni of Bristol applicants mega-thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AdamBh
Wow! Didn't realise KCL gave offers so soon! Durham was just too far for me. Good luck with your Cambridge application, when do they let you know?

I didn't think they did either but I'm dead pleased they were quick! :smile: they'll let me know if I've got an interview or not by the 24th of November and if I get an interview they write home on either the 11th or the 12th of January :smile: good luck to you too!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Unconditional offer for Classics, whoop! This is all very exciting :smile:
Original post by mazzaion
Unconditional offer for Classics, whoop! This is all very exciting :smile:
Hello from the Oxford thread! So you're applying to Bristol too? :biggrin:

Where else are you applying to?
Original post by JRKinder
Hello from the Oxford thread! So you're applying to Bristol too? :biggrin:

Where else are you applying to?

Hello again fellow Oxonian-hopeful :smile: Yes, Bristol (offer), Nottingham (offer), KCL (still waiting) and I have one more to choose, I'm hesitant between UCL, Durham and Exeter. Where else have you applied?
Hello again fellow Oxonian-hopeful :smile: Yes, Bristol (offer), Nottingham (offer), KCL (still waiting) and I have one more to choose, I'm hesitant between UCL, Durham and Exeter. Where else have you applied?
Aside from Oxford, I've applied to Bristol (offer), LSE, UCL and Warwick all for Economics. I would have applied for Economics at Oxford too, but they only allow joint-honours courses and I prefer Philosophy/Politics to Management. Out of those you've listed, UCL is the most internationally prestigious if that's what you're bothered about. I'm afraid I can't comment on the quality of the Classics departments of each of those universities myself though.
Aside from Oxford, I've applied to Bristol (offer), LSE, UCL and Warwick all for Economics. I would have applied for Economics at Oxford too, but they only allow joint-honours courses and I prefer Philosophy/Politics to Management. Out of those you've listed, UCL is the most internationally prestigious if that's what you're bothered about. I'm afraid I can't comment on the quality of the Classics departments of each of those universities myself though.

My problem with choosing is that I don't have Latin/Greek to A-level and some unis require it. I would be able to do an "Ancient World" BA at UCL, which is still very good, but perhaps not as recognised as Classics. Durham would allow me to do a Classics degree and they're ranked similarly to UCL for Classics (though UCL is more prestigious internationally) but is far up north, and I'm not sure I'd really like it there. Yet I'd prefer a university town to London - slightly too big and expensive. So I'm still thinking it through :tongue:

Hoping for Oxford might still be my best shot at finding a perfect university :smile:
My problem with choosing is that I don't have Latin/Greek to A-level and some unis require it. I would be able to do an "Ancient World" BA at UCL, which is still very good, but perhaps not as recognised as Classics. Durham would allow me to do a Classics degree and they're ranked similarly to UCL for Classics (though UCL is more prestigious internationally) but is far up north, and I'm not sure I'd really like it there. Yet I'd prefer a university town to London - slightly too big and expensive. So I'm still thinking it through :tongue:

Hoping for Oxford might still be my best shot at finding a perfect university :smile:
It sounds like Durham would perhaps be better for you then, so you could study a full Classics degree. Durham is a great university in its own right, it just doesn't have the 'London' label that perhaps helps out UCL a bit overseas. I've been to the town of Durham multiple times actually and it's a very nice place; you definitely get student-y vibes from it. Obviously it's not as lively as London, but if you'd prefer a university town then perhaps Durham is for you! It also has the collegiate system that Oxbridge uses which is nice.

But yes haha, I had the "Oxford is perfect for me" thoughts too when I went to the open day! The city itself is so nice besides the reputation obviously, and the college system is great for meeting people.
Can I just gently remind some of you that this is a thread about Bristol Uni.
If you want to chat generally about all your Uni choices then there are other general mega threads on the board, or you can PM each other.
Original post by dfbenjamin
Has anyone heard anything since attending a compsci visit day?

I've not heard anything after either
Original post by ReigningCloud
Congrats, I also plan on applying to Bristol for Physics. When did you send off your application.

Thanks! And I applied on the 14th October.. good luck to you
any ideas when law decisions will come from Bristol? has anyone got an offer for law yet?
Original post by iman305
any ideas when law decisions will come from Bristol? has anyone got an offer for law yet?

I heard law at Bristol is really good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by iman305

Still waiting on mine, got an email from them a few days ago saying they were still going through my application
mechanical engineering offers yet?
Has anyone gotten an MSci maths offer from Bristol yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I applied for LSE, Oxford and Bristol- haven't heard from any of them for International relations related courses.
Original post by LapizLazuliStar
Still waiting on mine, got an email from them a few days ago saying they were still going through my application

lol i havent even got that, where else are you applying?
Any offers today ........ ?
Got a pre-offer visit day tomorrow and I have no idea what I'm gonna be asked in the interview... please help...
for electrical and electronic engineering

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending