The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

2017 Uni of Bristol applicants mega-thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by Elly_Saurus
Ohh yeah I know the feeling - I pretty much made an entire Italian renaissance dress in 3 nights... Fun times

Well, at least all the hard work got you the A* in the end!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
I'm a law applicant and I've lurked here for a loooong time but I finally have something interesting/potentially important to contribute! *long message skip to end if you cba lol*

I was rejected for law a few weeks ago, but they said my application was "really strong" and offered me an alternative course. I declined this course but remained persistent with emailing them, asking them for feedback and the likelihood of me getting an offer next year etc etc.

Finally, when I was told I was rejected ONLY because of my LNAT (I got a 20 which, in their words, is "really low" oops) I knew something was up. The LNAT place I went to basically messed my exam up (long story) so I was supposed to have a "special circumstance" note next to my score. I'm a stubborn person, albeit I would have accepted that I was not suited for the course if they had told me my PS wasn't great or I had no work experience or something like that...but what didn't seem right was that they rejected me solely because of the o n e thing I had no control over. So, after pretty much accepting their recommendation of re-applying next year, I thought it wouldn't hurt to double check that they'd acknowledged my "special circumstances"... a week later I received an email saying they'd changed their minds and GAVE ME AN OFFER.

MORAL OF THE STORY/THIS STUPIDLY LONG POST - don't be scared to check they've looked at everything and if something doesn't feel right ASK. The people in admissions are lovely and, trust me, this /one extra question/ saved me a whole year of waiting and being lame/sad because bristol is my dreaaam uni *swoons*. Hope this helps someone!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mining
Well, at least all the hard work got you the A* in the end!

I'm sure yours will too! And even if it doesn't, with 3 A* predictions it isn't the end of the world haha!
Reply 983
I'm sure yours will too! And even if it doesn't, with 3 A* predictions it isn't the end of the world haha!

Hopefully, lol, but at this rate it is going to be an all-nighter.
Original post by Mining
Hopefully, lol, but at this rate it is going to be an all-nighter.

Oh dear... Crack out the coffee
Reply 985
Oh dear... Crack out the coffee

More like Red Bull.
Original post by Mining
More like Red Bull.

ahaha I like your style!
Reply 987
ahaha I like your style!

Honestly, I wish it didn't have to come to it, but, oh well, it is only one day of a lack of sleep; I will manage... hopefully...
Thank you :smile:
Original post by xmeganxmayx
I'm a law applicant and I've lurked here for a loooong time but I finally have something interesting/potentially important to contribute! *long message skip to end if you cba lol*

I was rejected for law a few weeks ago, but they said my application was "really strong" and offered me an alternative course. I declined this course but remained persistent with emailing them, asking them for feedback and the likelihood of me getting an offer next year etc etc.

Finally, when I was told I was rejected ONLY because of my LNAT (I got a 20 which, in their words, is "really low" oops) I knew something was up. The LNAT place I went to basically messed my exam up (long story) so I was supposed to have a "special circumstance" note next to my score. I'm a stubborn person, albeit I would have accepted that I was not suited for the course if they had told me my PS wasn't great or I had no work experience or something like that...but what didn't seem right was that they rejected me solely because of the o n e thing I had no control over. So, after pretty much accepting their recommendation of re-applying next year, I thought it wouldn't hurt to double check that they'd acknowledged my "special circumstances"... a week later I received an email saying they'd changed their minds and GAVE ME AN OFFER.

MORAL OF THE STORY/THIS STUPIDLY LONG POST - don't be scared to check they've looked at everything and if something doesn't feel right ASK. The people in admissions are lovely and, trust me, this /one extra question/ saved me a whole year of waiting and being lame/sad because bristol is my dreaaam uni *swoons*. Hope this helps someone!

That's great! Congrats :smile:

I hope you meet your offer, see you in September maybe!
Original post by Guimarc
Thanks for sharing your interview experience and congrats on your offer! My interview is still next week, so your post really helps me. Let's hope my interview goes as smooth as yours. =)

Original post by Lce_62
Just joined and guessing you may have already had your interview as you posted 4 weeks ago so hope it went well if you have!
I'm also a mature student, same age as you at 24 and have also been out of education for a while bar the year at college i'm currently in. I've had an interview for Law and have been offered a place today, the interview was really informal and they really just asked about why Bristol, why this course and asked about a few things from my personal statement and LNAT which is the admissions test. Not scary at all so don't be too worried if you haven't already had your interview!

Hi both. Same situation for me last year (deferred entry). 25, starting law this September.

Good luck - it's nice to know I won't be the only one our age going!
Original post by Mining
Honestly, I wish it didn't have to come to it, but, oh well, it is only one day of a lack of sleep; I will manage... hopefully...

How did it all go?
Reply 992
Good, hopefully, maybe... I have no idea. Although, I did have to spend 3:00 AM doing the footnotes, which is probably the most I've loathed life, ever.
Original post by dontcallmesammy
That's great! Congrats :smile:

I hope you meet your offer, see you in September maybe!

Thank you! Yes I hope so :smile:
Original post by Mining
Good, hopefully, maybe... I have no idea. Although, I did have to spend 3:00 AM doing the footnotes, which is probably the most I've loathed life, ever.

Ahahaha brilliant! When will you find out your grade?
Reply 995
Ahahaha brilliant! When will you find out your grade?

No clue, but I'd guess probably not for a while - maybe I will just have to wait until results' day. I'm just glad it is over, so I can actually revise my other subjects, now. :smile:
Original post by Mining
No clue, but I'd guess probably not for a while - maybe I will just have to wait until results' day. I'm just glad it is over, so I can actually revise my other subjects, now. :smile:

Yeah I know the feeling!
Reply 997
Yeah I know the feeling!

Turns out it isn't over; I still have a presentation to do. :frown:
Original post by Mining
Turns out it isn't over; I still have a presentation to do. :frown:

Oh no that's dreadful!
Hey,

So I had my interview on Wed. I was extremely nervous haha. The interview was a bit more technical than I thought it would be. They asked me why chemistry and why know and then they started asking me more chemistry-related questions. They were really nice and helped me when I was unsure of something. Todat I received my offer and I'm over the moon!! =) really happy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending