The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

How many credits do you need in 1st year @ Warwick Uni?

I'm trying to find potential modules in Law and Business
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Any experience with overcatting?
Original post by Assan

Don't do it, not worth the trouble.
Reply 4
Original post by Assan

It used to be worth it with the Seymour formula. As I understand it the regime that replaced that removes much of the benefit. Only overcat if you want to study all of the modules, not to enhance your score.
Reply 5
Original post by tory88
It used to be worth it with the Seymour formula. As I understand it the regime that replaced that removes much of the benefit. Only overcat if you want to study all of the modules, not to enhance your score.

If I remember correctly, the Seymour fomula facilitated a slight bump in your grades on the basis of having taken more classes. Have they abolished this?

My motive for overcatting in my first year is: in order to take the modules I want in 2nd year, I need an extra 15 credits in first year. I figure that first year is the best time to do it as the grades won't factor into my degree classification.

Original post by Computer Geek
Don't do it, not worth the trouble.

What trouble? Why not worth it?
Reply 6
Original post by Assan
If I remember correctly, the Seymour fomula facilitated a slight bump in your grades on the basis of having taken more classes. Have they abolished this?

My motive for overcatting in my first year is: in order to take the modules I want in 2nd year, I need an extra 15 credits in first year. I figure that first year is the best time to do it as the grades won't factor into my degree classification.

What trouble? Why not worth it?

It was rewritten in my final year (2013-2014) to be much less beneficial. Previously, I believe your scores were multiplied by the ratio of your CATS to the normal load of 120 CATS. (Up to a maximum of 150).

Your reasoning is sound. Just have an exit strategy if all goes wrong and you feel like you're not coping.

Quick Reply

Latest