The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
sol89
Yeah I read the newspaper this morning, woo I read!
The News of the World ?
Reply 81
I worked a midnight to 9am shift last night, manning the telephones at work. Took 9 calls all night, so got plenty of reading done.
Currently reading the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.
moniker
:five:

ooo I saw Freakonomics in the library, thought about getting it out but didn't. not so different, you and I :p:

Well you should get it next time, because it's really good, some of the things in it are unbelievable.
Reply 83
Don't be ashamed if it's a loooong time, I'm suspecting people hardly read books these days. I dno why that made me laugh.

I read every day, I couldn't imagine having nothing to read! I've read a few books these past couple of weeks in preparation for English coursework and I'll no doubt be reading throughout the holidays when there's nothing to do. I think it's really sad that some people can't read or don't because it's not 'cool'.
I always read :wink: I'm constantly trying to make my friends in work read more.
Reply 85
Last night. I probably read everyday, apart from when exams and coursework-overload mean I can't concentrate hard enough to!
Reply 86
Now that Ive finished uni Ive actually been reading loads of books- as I just didnt have the time before!

In the last few weeks Ive read 6 books I believe
I read lots of book if I've just got time. Last night I finished György Konrád's The Case Worker. Right now (thanks to this thread) I'm thinking of going upstairs to my room to get a new book to read.
Reply 88
I've finished two books in the last two weeks and I'm in the middle of my third book now.

I haven't had the chance to read much for a long time because of my work schedule, but I love that I can now!
NJA
Apart from textbooks when was the last time you read a book ?

Don't be ashamed if it's a loooong time, I'm suspecting people hardly read books these days.

Well you're wrong lots of people read books. At the mo I'm reading confessions of an ulgy step sister by Gregory Maguire. It's ok but not as good as Wicked, another book by him. Wicked is the best book I ever read! :biggrin:
Reply 90
This thread has restored my faith in students generally, they aren't just chavs with money.

The only annoying thing about this thread is that people don't say what they got from their reading, so I've started another one here.
Reply 91
I really would advise you request that new thread be moved to Entertainment: books, literature&poetry where it will probably receive a more serious discussion :smile:
Reply 92
Sidhe
I really would advise you request that new thread be moved to Entertainment: books, literature&poetry where it will probably receive a more serious discussion :smile:

No, I want the people that don't normally go to the bookworm section to see it !
Reply 93
Haven't read a book in a long time, even though I love reading. The last time was round about last year - yeh, last Christmas when I was The Sorrows of Young Werther by Goethe. Now there's a good book!

And the rest of the time I have realised I've grown so critical of writing that I physically cannot bring myself to finish most bestselling books, cus they're so horrendously written. Such as this, from a Terry Goodkind book, not word for word but pretty much there:

"Zedd laid a bony hand on Richard's muscular thigh and spoke with laboured breathing"

How on earth did the editors and author miss the very very bad inuendo there!?
Reply 94
I read quite a lot, but I have appallingly unrefined taste when it comes to novels. Many a fine dinner party spent informing hopeful intellectuals that I've never read Kafka, and are they sure he's better than Helen Fielding? :flutter:
The last book I read (except for Harry Potter, which was a reread) was The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins. I do read my monthly cricket, computing and Nintendo magazines, however.
Just few days ago. I read about a book that talks about each one of us and the things that would help us to grow more in 30 days. |
Sounds interesting?
Original post by NJA
Apart from textbooks when was the last time you read a book ?

Don't be ashamed if it's a loooong time, I'm suspecting people hardly read books these days.

All the time

Currently reading The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire by Gibbon and Stardust by Neil Gaiman
Reply 98
Original post by mthompso28
Just few days ago. I read about a book that talks about each one of us and the things that would help us to grow more in 30 days. |
Sounds interesting?

Don't bump old threads

Latest

Trending

Trending