The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I read quite alot actually. In fairness, I haven't read too much these past few weeks due to exams, but generally I enjoy reading, and started reading a new book last night.
I love reading, and I'm reading a fabulous book at the moment. The last time I read a book was yesterday night into early today morning.
Reply 3
I hadn't read really for years until a year or so back. Started reading philosophy, and at the moment am reading quite a lot. Although never one book at once. Currently reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, Seven Pillars of Wisdom (Oxford text), The Prose Edda, and The Trial by Kafka. The last one is needed for a law course at uni - I largely prefer non-fiction to fiction. However, one of my favourite books is The Man Who Was Thursday by GK Chesterton.
Reply 4
NJA
Apart from textbooks when was the last time you read a book ?

Don't be ashamed if it's a loooong time, I'm suspecting people hardly read books these days.

About 20 mins ago.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you don't read books much these days and are projecting :tongue::smile:

and The Trial by Kafka

It's good but you have to do alot of reading between the lines, especially at the allegory about the tower bit. Thought provoking but don't expect a Harrypotteresque roller coaster of emotions.
Reply 5
I read loads. So do all my friends...so I guess you're wrong :P I read every night before I go to sleep, and usually in the mornings too when I can't be arsed to get out of bed.
In fact, my best friend still has about 10 books of mine that he borrowed a few months ago >.<
Reply 6
I&#8217;ve just finished Jackdaws by Ken Follett&#8230; about to start Whiteout. Great author!
Reply 7
I've read about 8 books/novels in the last 3 months. If you count the pages read on random internet sites, you could add another zero to that figure.
I've read 3 books this week, and I'm about to start another today.
I barely ever read. When I do I like to read more factual books rather than fiction. I never really got into fictional books and would rather be doing something else (people reading on the beach annoy me :p:)

I do enjoy the odd biography mind (Peter Kay being my latest).
Reply 10
Last read a book this morning. I always have at least a couple on the go. My books have got too numerous to even fit in my bedroom any more; I'm having to invade the shelves in the other rooms...
Reply 11
Er a while ago, but only because i then got loads of uni work to do. I do love to read though and have a large collection of books.
Reply 12
I'm presently reading Stephen Fry's The Liar and Suetonius's Lives of the Caesars
Reply 13
Read Jean Rhys's Wide Sargasso Sea a few weeks ago, have been reading various books on British history/Politics since then. And some naff chic-lit I got free with Cosmo.
This morning in bed, as a matter of fact.
I finished my last novel about 2 months ago, it did take me a few months because i've been so busy with exams. Started a new one the day before yesterday.
Im impressed that so far I've not even read a textbook.
About 3 months ago :redface:
Reply 18
I'm just about to start reading Charlotte Grey. Anyone read it?
I've got about 5 or six books on my bedside cabinet that I've read or am reading from the last two weeks.

Latest

Trending

Trending