The Student Room Group

Masters in Adult Nursing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey thank you so much for responding . Hopefully i get in . x
Reply 21
Hey there . I have been given a conditional offer for MAN . Thank you ever so much for your help prior my interview. x

Original post by Vam1970
Hi I was accepted on the course and had all the required hours prior to starting but some of my cohort did not,they had to make the time up during the course so they made it up in holidays.I think this makes it a tougher course and I personally would recomend you get all the hours if possible,im sure it was not 770hrs though.
Bsc pass is 40% and Msc pass is 50%
Msc is level 7 rather than Bsc starts year one at level 4(marks do not count towards your degree but need to be passed,then yr 2 is level 5 and year 3 level 6
Msc is more critical thinking and a higher academic level.
Bsc builds on your knowledge and skills as years progress,the Bsc students definately have alot more spare time to study,Msc is full on hit the ground running!
good luck
interview consisted of 4 similtaneous rotated interviews with academic staff and a nhs user( we had a carer for disabled)
then we had to do a 5 minute presentation on what skills we could bring to the nursing role.
then we had an interview with head of nursing.
it was fun
Reply 22
I have been accepted conditionally onto the Keele MSc Adult Nursing 2 year accelerated course, I got my BSc Hons in a different area 17 years ago and over the last couple of years have gained 4800 hours clinical experience as a volunteer. Should you need hours to APL over then look at volunteering to set you up / show commitment prior to the course - think outside the box on gaining these hours - charities are out there crying out for help.
Original post by returnmigrant
What are you trying to achieve by doing this? A Masters isnt a 1-year postgrad conversion course to achieve qualified nursing status, it about in depth academic study that builds on an existing nursing degree and/or experience - see this as one example : http://www.northampton.ac.uk/study/courses/nursing-msc/ Your background isnt in Nursing.

If you want tobqualify as a Nurse then you need to do a full nursing training at undergrad level - there are no short-cuts to this : https://www.rcn.org.uk/professional-development/become-a-nurse

Original post by Vam1970
Hi I was accepted on the course and had all the required hours prior to starting but some of my cohort did not,they had to make the time up during the course so they made it up in holidays.I think this makes it a tougher course and I personally would recomend you get all the hours if possible,im sure it was not 770hrs though.
Bsc pass is 40% and Msc pass is 50%
Msc is level 7 rather than Bsc starts year one at level 4(marks do not count towards your degree but need to be passed,then yr 2 is level 5 and year 3 level 6
Msc is more critical thinking and a higher academic level.
Bsc builds on your knowledge and skills as years progress,the Bsc students definately have alot more spare time to study,Msc is full on hit the ground running!
good luck
interview consisted of 4 similtaneous rotated interviews with academic staff and a nhs user( we had a carer for disabled)
then we had to do a 5 minute presentation on what skills we could bring to the nursing role.
then we had an interview with head of nursing.
it was fun
Reply 23
How has it gone for u
Reply 24
How have you found the MSc nursing ?
Hello..I am about to start my MSc nursing with registration(adult) course in Jan in the University of Beds. Could u pls give me an idea as of how the course will be?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending