The Student Room Group

Never had a boyfriend and I'm 17!!!

Guys, I'm 17 and I've never had a boyfriend. It terrifies me because most of my friends have and had boyfriends but not me. I really want ine but I can't get one for many reasons.

How do I find a boyfriend right for me. Any tips so I can find someone who will like m?

Scroll to see replies

Are you goin uni this year?
Don't worry about it. You're still young.
Hey, you're in the exact situation as me, same age and everything but I'm not looking for anyone right now.

Basically, the best thing to do is just enjoy life whilst you're young- go out with friends, be sociable, make new friends and eventually you'll be in a relationship because if you keep dwelling on the fact that you've never been with someone, you might end up with any old guy which could end up being disastrous. Just take life as it is and you might be surprised.

However, if you really do want to find someone- I guess you're probably a nice person so just continue doing that, be outgoing and sociable, make everyone feel welcome & friendly. Don't pretend to be someone you're not, i.e. dressing up in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable in order to get attention from boys, being obnoxiously loud when you're someone who's normally quiet. There's no need to change the way you look or act in order to find someone- if you do & your crush finally accepts you, that means that the person doesn't really care about who you are deep down inside. Find someone who makes you feel like you in a good way.

Make sure that you actually like the guy for who they are as well, not just solely on their looks because eventually you'll get bored of them & it will be this vicious cycle forever.

Good luck, hope this helped :smile:
there are lots of nice guys on TSR looking for girlfriends... just be patient :h:
Reply 5
[QUOTE="AQATrolledMe;66112387"]Are you goin uni this year?[/QUOTE

No not this year, next year
Original post by the bear
there are lots of nice guys on TSR looking for girlfriends... just be patient :h:

mmm like youself ? :colondollar:
Reply 7
'Terrifies' :rofl2:

Plenty of girls who are 17 have not had a boyfriend. Maybe they have other priorities, go to an all-girls school, are waiting for the right guy or just don't want one. It's fine.

Don't be influenced by the judgements of others.
[QUOTE="SarahKhanx;66112425"]
Original post by AQATrolledMe
Are you goin uni this year?[/QUOTE

No not this year, next year

You will have plenty of oppurtunities trust me :u:
mmm like youself ? :colondollar:

:flute:
Reply 10
Original post by Tiger Rag
Don't worry about it. You're still young.

I know but I so want one ygm.
Reply 11
Original post by SarahKhanx
I know but I so want one ygm.

Il be your one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fish40
Il be your one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ohh your comment made me blush :tongue:
:flute:

You have soooooo many gems
Reply 14
Original post by stefano865
'Terrifies' :rofl2:

Plenty of girls who are 17 have not had a boyfriend. Maybe they have other priorities, go to an all-girls school, are waiting for the right guy or just don't want one. It's fine.

Don't be influenced by the judgements of others.

Hmm true. You're right thanksx
Original post by Fantastic Fan
You have soooooo many gems

you know what they say....
Reply 16
ohh your comment made me blush :tongue:

It wasn't for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by Fish40
Il be your one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw so cute ☺️
you know what they say....

Yup.

When in Rome do like the Jamaicans
Reply 19
Original post by Fish40
It wasn't for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw that's sad ☺️ Should have pretended it was for her. Now she must be embarrassed

Quick Reply

Latest