The Student Room Group

Bad predicted - should I wait for adjustment?

I want to apply for a course in Kings that has a 42% offer rate and grade requirements of A*AA. It's the only course I've found that combines every subject that I love into one course and it's my top choice, so much so that I'd be willing to wait a year if I get rejected.

I have a pre existing medical condition which means I'm absent from school a lot and my recent attendance (and this was a good term for me) was 83% which was the second lowest in the year as I have a compromised immune system.

I was homeschooled until year 10 and then went into GCSE my GCSEs didn't go well as my attendance was 70% and I had to leave often because I'd get too ill to stay. I was predicted a B for bio and was going to continue it to sixth but was sick on the exam day and got a D. My GCSEs were AABCCCD but the course I'm applying to doesn't look at GCSEs.

I'm worried about my predicted grades and I'm wondering that it I don't reach the entry requirements on my predicteds should I wait for adjustment and apply then instead of being rejected? I know I can get the grades in my real exams.

In terms of work experience
I've done experience at a law firm
Volunteering for a pressure group
Food bank
Age UK
Shadowing a cultural psychologist

Should I wait until I receive my actual grades before applying to this course or should I chance it, explain my health conditions and hope for a conditional?

Thank you in advance for helping!
Original post by Ayanahennings
I want to apply for a course in Kings that has a 42% offer rate and grade requirements of A*AA. It's the only course I've found that combines every subject that I love into one course and it's my top choice, so much so that I'd be willing to wait a year if I get rejected.

I have a pre existing medical condition which means I'm absent from school a lot and my recent attendance (and this was a good term for me) was 83% which was the second lowest in the year as I have a compromised immune system.

I was homeschooled until year 10 and then went into GCSE my GCSEs didn't go well as my attendance was 70% and I had to leave often because I'd get too ill to stay. I was predicted a B for bio and was going to continue it to sixth but was sick on the exam day and got a D. My GCSEs were AABCCCD but the course I'm applying to doesn't look at GCSEs.

I'm worried about my predicted grades and I'm wondering that it I don't reach the entry requirements on my predicteds should I wait for adjustment and apply then instead of being rejected? I know I can get the grades in my real exams.

In terms of work experience
I've done experience at a law firm
Volunteering for a pressure group
Food bank
Age UK
Shadowing a cultural psychologist

Should I wait until I receive my actual grades before applying to this course or should I chance it, explain my health conditions and hope for a conditional?

Thank you in advance for helping!

Before applying speak to them specifically about your circumstances and speak to your referee about mentioning your circumstances in your reference
I've done my AS exams but I haven't received the results yet.

In terms of grades I honestly don't know what to expect, I believe I'll achieve

A/B in English Literature
A in sociology
A in psychology
And B/A in government and politics with me retaking a module in Y2 to get it up to a strong A

But at the same time I've had so many fluctuating messages from teachers. I was getting Us in psychology so I got a tutor who told me I was being marked incorrectly, studied hard and he got me up to an A but she still deems me an E - she was forced to teach us the subject as we're low on teachers and she took psychology as a bachelor in uni years ago. So I'm literally either an A or a U in that.

I'm sociology prefect and and always achieved high marks I know the lowest I'll achieve in that is a B but I believe it'll be an A

English lit I missed a lot of lessons for but ive resolved to drop psychology as it took up a lot of time and people say that A2 will take up even more with this. I have no solid idea as to what my grade will be but he says I've made an impressive start to the course so that may raise my predicted a bit I'm hoping for a predicted of A

Government and politics was a lot of content and one teacher quit during it (I now have no sociology teacher as one quit and the other went on maternity leave) I had to revise the content and learn a lot of it myself as I was too sick to get into lessons, this also affected my turning in assignments on time. Honestly I don't know what I got, the second paper went well but the first (which I'm retaking) went terribly (I think)

Overall I'm not sure what my predicted grades will be, its anywhere from A*A*A - ABC

Thank you for replying any advice will be really appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending