The Student Room Group

International Law LLM - PLEASE HELP

Which University should I go for International Law LLM? The options are Durham, Queen Mary, UCL, SOAS, Bristol and Nottingham. If you may, please help me with 2 options that you would go. Thank you so much for your help!
Only you can make this choice.

You need to weigh up course content, extras like opportunities for pro-bono work, moots etc (Bristol : http://www.bristol.ac.uk/law/law-clinic/, the cost of living in each place and if you feel comfortable there. If you havnt been to each Uni or city then have a look at Open Day films and the tourist films for each place on You Tube.
Reply 2
Original post by afsr
Which University should I go for International Law LLM? The options are Durham, Queen Mary, UCL, SOAS, Bristol and Nottingham. If you may, please help me with 2 options that you would go. Thank you so much for your help!

For me personally, taking into account living costs and quality of the LLM/reputation?

Durham
Nottingham
Original post by Durham_
For me personally, taking into account living costs and quality of the LLM/reputation?

Durham
Nottingham

Both are accredited by the Law Society so 'quality' is a fairly meaningless concept.

For living costs check out similar looking flats/houses and compare rents : http://www.rightmove.co.uk/student-accommodation
Reply 4
Original post by afsr

For Public International Law Nottingham is the top one out of those. UCL and Durham in second and third. So many of the lecturers/professors I know in international law did their LLMs and/or PhDs at Nottingham. My PhD supervisor went there, the head of my old law school went there, a good few others who have taught me too. They simply have the top staff and their PIL programme has an exceptional reputation.

That being said you need to visit the options and see what the atmosphere is like. Also look at the specific module choices because that can be a huge factor. I was able to do human rights, international humanitarian law, international security etc but we didn't have an international criminal law modules for example.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending