The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

mobbdeeprob
That was necessary, in order to bring PQ above the breadline mate. :biggrin:

yup £11k income and half of an £86k mortgage results in a big credit card bill:frown:
Reply 61
piginapoke
I'm on less now than I was two years ago, was £70 ph (40 hours pw) over 6 months. Back on permy wages now, hourly rate works out nothing like that.

That much when you were 25?

I think I'm going into the wrong profession... :wink:
Reply 62
I agree with Vladek. What's the point in discussing money? If money was the main factor, I wouldn't be going for the job I'm currently being processed for. So long as you have enough to live comfortably at your desired level, what's the big deal? There's always going to be someone who 'claims' to earn more.
Reply 63
js_atco
I agree with Vladek. What's the point in discussing money? If money was the main factor, I wouldn't be going for the job I'm currently being processed for. So long as you have enough to live comfortably at your desired level, what's the big deal? There's always going to be someone who 'claims' to earn more.

Exactly, it's not a big deal, so why hush it up?
js_atco

Yup more important than anything else I really like my job :smile:
Pencil Queen
yup £11k income and half of an £86k mortgage results in a big credit card bill:frown:

Credit cards are the work of the devil. At least you're on the property ladder though, at the moment, I can only see inheritance as being my way forward. :biggrin: Luckily I have grand plans and age on my side though.
Reply 66
mobbdeeprob
Credit cards are the work of the devil. At least you're on the property ladder though, at the moment, I can only see inheritance as being my way forward. :biggrin: Luckily I have grand plans and age on my side though.

Yep, getting on the propery ladder early is the key, though it can be difficult after graduation if you have to move around the country quite a lot.
Reply 67
£16 p/hour on sundays, £8 p/hour every other day using and maintaining access systems. Only temp for 6 weeks though.
£5 every 2 months which works out as 0.003472 an hour, assuming im workin while i sleep and eat etc.
Got £7.00 an hour this summer working as temp.
Usually £4.63 at cinema (which I don't mind....being a temp is mind-bustingly boring)

But hopefully I'm going to uni to study medicine, and so might earn a bit more than that in years to come. :biggrin:
Reply 70
Emzeebubs
hey, just wondering how much people get paid for summer jobs....? i get £4.60 an hour but all my mates get more than that working elsewhere....i feel so deprived!

£4.60 an hour, for doing what?
Reply 71
piginapoke
24, I'm only 26 now. Contract rates in IT were well high then and jobs plentiful. Market is rather crap now.

Just for curiosity's sake, what do you exactly do Piginapoke?
FurbyMaX
Just for curiosity's sake, what do you exactly do Piginapoke?

Sit there glued to UK-Learning making 66 posts a day? :tongue:
Reply 73
piginapoke
Its called "I'm working from home today boss" :wink:

It does amaze me that you post on UKL all day yet still earn more anaully than the GDP of some African countries.
Reply 74
piginapoke
Annoying, isn't it?

Yes, especially to the Africans.
Lord Huntroyde
Yes, especially to the Africans.

Yeah, all sitting there in their mud huts wired up to UKL green with envy at piginapoke :tongue:
Reply 76
£6/h plus commission selling musical instruments and repairing them wooop- not bad for a gap year job
Reply 77
I work at asda and I think the pay rate there is pretty decent! I'm under 18 and get £4.86ph and when I'm 18 it goes up to £5.23ph and it goes up a good 50p ph every new tax year which is good! Also, if the store hits its targets which it usually does then we get a excellent bonus at christmas of between £160 + £240 depending on if you are full-time or part-time and your average hours throughout the year.
Reply 78
Got £4.95 last year at Marks and Spencer (was under 18) and this year am doing a work placement that gets me £6.3754 (so my pay slip informs me).
Jenn xx

Latest

Trending

Trending