The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

What would be cheaper, catered Intercollegiate or cheaper residences buying meals?

Which would be more expensive, living at catered Intercollegiate Halls or at a cheaper residence but having to buy my meals?
Definitely the second option. Once you've stocked your store cupboards with herbs, spices and some basics it's definitely cheaper to cook.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
No question about it definitely the second option !!! Catered accommodation is crazy overpriced
Think it depends though. King's halls are about the same price as intercollegiate halls.

I was at Nutford for my first year, and that was bout 500 more than Wolfson (the most comparable hall I suppose, since its non-ensuite and single) for the whole year. Definitely works out cheaper that way.

Downside is that if you don't want to/can't eat at halls (which happens fairly often) you're essentially paying for nothing. They did give packed dinners (sandwich, juice, fruit and some form of biscuits) but it wasn't worth it.

That was 3 years ago tho.

Edit: looks like Nutford's single rooms are still bout the same price as Wolfson's and bout 10 more than EwenHenderson. So... yeah.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest