The Student Room Group

Will I be classed as an EU migrant worker?

I have been working in the UK since May, I have been doing betwen 4-14 hours each week, earning minimum wage. (I worked some hours at a different place even beofre then but that was infrequent) I dont have any other income like savings, help from parents etc, I live on these wages. I will be working throughout my studies.

I will be going to uni in september but havent started my SF application yet.

Will I be entitled to the migrant worker status? Do you need a certain amount of minimum hours you need to work / minimum income you need to have in order to qualify as a migrant worker? Because I have read that you only get migrant worker status if they deem you to be earning enough to be 'financially independent' but then also that there is no set amount you need to earn, you just need to be working and thats it. So what is the truth?
(edited 7 years ago)
Hello...?
Original post by arcenciel21
I have been working in the UK since May, I have been doing betwen 4-14 hours each week, earning minimum wage. (I worked some hours at a different place even beofre then but that was infrequent) I dont have any other income like savings, help from parents etc, I live on these wages. I will be working throughout my studies.

I will be going to uni in september but havent started my SF application yet.

Will I be entitled to the migrant worker status? Do you need a certain amount of minimum hours you need to work / minimum income you need to have in order to qualify as a migrant worker? Because I have read that you only get migrant worker status if they deem you to be earning enough to be 'financially independent' but then also that there is no set amount you need to earn, you just need to be working and thats it. So what is the truth?

Hi,

If you are working in the UK you can apply to be assessed as a migrant worker. The following evidence would need to be provided:

SFE PN1 application
Original ID or Passport
Copy of employment contract
Letter from employer/HR confirming your hours/contract you will work
Last 3 months payslips
Most recent P60 if you have one.

Once we have this our assesses will look to see if your income is enough to be
'financially independent' and advise if you have been awarded this funding.

Thanks.
hi there, my name is walter... i'd like to ask where can i get the SFE PN1 form from?
Hi,

Here is the link for the SFE PN1 form:

http://bit.ly/1Sc3D27

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending