The Student Room Group

Anyone work at a nightclub?

I've just been on the website for one of the nighclubs in town and noticed it said they are looking for more staff. I am thinking of applying, but I'd like to know the good points/bad points from people's experiences. I'm a waitress at the mo, used to be an arcade attendant so plenty of customer service experience. Would the pay be any better than minimum wage?
Reply 1
What job is it? Bar staff or glass collecting? I'm looking at glass collecting, since it seems pretty easy. Anybody done that?
Reply 2
Cage
What job is it? Bar staff or glass collecting? I'm looking at glass collecting, since it seems pretty easy. Anybody done that?

Theres barstaff, glass collecting, promotional work, cloakroom attendants, receptionists etc.

I'm keen on going for receptionist work but yeah, glass collecting sounds like an easy life to me!
Reply 3
Its an easy life ish, but you will spend a lot of time trying to avoid drunk people. I do promo work and it can be tough to try and get drunks interested and have that outgoing attittude. It can also be a long day. Especially if like me, you do a full day at uni (9am start), followed by promo work until 2 or 3 in the morning

Then back up again for a 10am start.
Reply 4
Well I filled out an online application for receptionist, just waiting to hear back. Wish me luck everyone.
Reply 5
As far as I know, the glass collectors get paid slightly less than the bar staff, although this could vary from club to club. Bar staff are generally pretty well paid; £5-7ph depending on the establishment but then there's also a lot of responsibility. You may be having to make cocktails, checking people aren't too drunk before serving then, serving hundreds of people per hour etc etc. But then again, it's also good fun and rewarding when you calculate how many drunk people have bought you drinks at the end of the night :wink:.

Glass collecting is a lot easier, but also a little more mundane. You'll have to be avoiding drunk people most of the night and the banter that comes with them. Also, usually slightly less pay than the bar staff.

Latest

Trending

Trending