The Student Room Group

If you're looking for a new mobile phone/tariff please look here first!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aisha M
why is giffgaff.com not up there?

Original post by s.was99
I agree, their hockey cokey tariff is really good!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The thread actually predates the founding of GiffGaff :ahee: I'm planning to revamp a lot of the guide threads so it will be up there soon enough.
Reply 401
Anyone know when the Samsung S3 LTE will be available sim free? I've got sim only contract which I'm happy with so just looking for a new phone.
Just bought the Samsung S3 LTE, but the Lumia 920 is coming out soon and I'm going to regret my decision I can tell.
Reply 403
Original post by St. Brynjar
Just bought the Samsung S3 LTE, but the Lumia 920 is coming out soon and I'm going to regret my decision I can tell.

Did you get the samsung on contract? The Lumia 920 supposedly has an amazing camera
Original post by jahuss65
Did you get the samsung on contract? The Lumia 920 supposedly has an amazing camera

I did, Orange Panther £20.50 per month :smile: My current contract runs out on Thursday and I can't really wait to see if the Lumia fits my price range, although it looks great and all the specs are amazing. I find Android a bit boring too. Oh well, the S3 is still an incredible phone :smile:
Reply 405
Original post by St. Brynjar
I did, Orange Panther £20.50 per month :smile: My current contract runs out on Thursday and I can't really wait to see if the Lumia fits my price range, although it looks great and all the specs are amazing. I find Android a bit boring too. Oh well, the S3 is still an incredible phone :smile:

I've had an iphone since the first one so android is different for me. The Lumia comes with windows doesn't it? What is the microsoft app store like? I want extra storage with a phone so thats why I'm go for the samsung.
I've had an iphone since the first one so android is different for me. The Lumia comes with windows doesn't it? What is the microsoft app store like? I want extra storage with a phone so thats why I'm go for the samsung.

Yeah Windows Phone is what attracts me to it, great functionality. The app store is limited but growing rapidly and pretty much all of the major apps are covered.
Quick question Iphone 4s or Samsung galaxy S3?

Thanks.
Reply 408
S3
S3
Reply 410
@St. Brynjar

How's the S3 holding up? Some reviews say the battery drains quickly, have you noticed anything?
Great, great great! The battery of my previous phone rarely lasted more than 9 hours and often went kaput before noon so anything would be an improvement! I've only had it a couple days but I have no problem with the battery life - that's what put me off the really cheap Lumia 800.
Reply 412
Good to hear. I might just buy it from orange on payg and then unlock it. No news on when a sim free version will be coming.

Are you going to switch to EE at the end of the month?
Good to hear. I might just buy it from orange on payg and then unlock it. No news on when a sim free version will be coming.

Are you going to switch to EE at the end of the month?

I will be, although I live in the middle of nowhere so the 4G isn't going to change my life exactly. Still a nice quirk though, and two years down the line when it's properly installed throughout the country I'd rather not be the only one without it :tongue:
@St. Brynjar

How's the S3 holding up? Some reviews say the battery drains quickly, have you noticed anything?

I was told with smartphones (compared to non-smartphones) that the battery drains quickly.

Looking for a contract and am not sure at all what I'm after. Have been offered my current contract for £10.50 instead of £15.50 per month.
I currently have the s3 and well it's an amazing phone but if you don't get an app killer your battery drains quite fast.. but then again thats the same with most smartphones
Reply 416
Selling my old E71 Nokia, and ZTE Blade (Not working great) to get a new phone.
I used my E71 over the ZTE due to various reasons, I am not a great fan of android although its great it seems that it was a bit too much. Also the battery on the Nokia lasts about 4 or 5 times as long as the ZTE (I would have to charge the zte like twice a day with use). So any recommendations about £90-150.

I was thinking about a second hand iphone 3gs or 4, or a blackberry
Original post by bouncey_bouncey
I currently have the s3 and well it's an amazing phone but if you don't get an app killer your battery drains quite fast.. but then again thats the same with most smartphones
I don't have that issue, I can easily get 2 days out of my phone if I don't play games. If I play games then I get a full day!
Reply 418
Does anyone reccomend the Xperia U? I've been looking at it and it seems to be a pretty nifty phone.

Oh and the contract I was looking at had 500MB data, would this be enough for somebody who will be updating/browsing twitter/facebook a fair bit (maybe keeping them on push notifications), a few emails here and there (again on push), using Whatsapp a bit, a lightly moderate internet use?
Reply 419
Wondering if you guys can help me out. I've currently got a HTC Wildifre (the shame) at the cost of £17 p/m (with 900 mix/match minutes and 1gb internet) but I'm now eligible for an upgrade! I had a look on the 3 website and everything seems rather expensive but I've found deals from 3rd party websites such as £26 p/m for 5000 texts, 300 mins and unlimited data. Are there any disadvantages to ordering from such 3rd parties and does anyone know if it's possible to keep my number? Thanks!

http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/deals/samsung_galaxy_s3/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending