The Student Room Group

2017 Consulting summer internships/Graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bostima
How was the AC? I've got mine next week.

I also have an investment consulting ac next week, have you managed to find out any information?
Which consultant graduate scheme's are still open/open soon?

Anyone know any employers who recruit throughout the year?
I went through the strategy consulting process again.

I have secured a place at Dalberg, strategy consultancy firm focused on development.

Also had interviews at Strategy&, LEK and Integration (coming up).
Reply 383
Anyone applied to Simon-Kucher internship and heard back from them?
Original post by kohakz
Anyone applied to Simon-Kucher internship and heard back from them?

I applied a month or so ago and not heard anything yet
Reply 385
Original post by Naomi12
I applied a month or so ago and not heard anything yet

I just checked and my application was recently updated to "Status: Closed" so I just got rejected or they filled all their places. Either way, it seems like they took a long break from Christmas and only recently updated.

Have you applied for any others and if so what's the status update on those?
Reply 386
any1 done the capgemini telephone interview? Ive got mine this week with an associate.
Original post by kohakz
I just checked and my application was recently updated to "Status: Closed" so I just got rejected or they filled all their places. Either way, it seems like they took a long break from Christmas and only recently updated.

Have you applied for any others and if so what's the status update on those?

Just logged on and saw the same thing - annoying of them not to email! Does yours say 'Review Status: Requisition Closed'? I suppose the only question is whether that might just mean people can no longer apply for the role and they're still reviewing our apps?

I've had rejections from PA Consulting, and McKinsey following the PST, I've done the tests for Strategy& which I've passed but am waiting to hear if I'm shortlisted for interview and have applied but heard nothing from LEK, OC&C and Roland Berger. Need to send off a BCG app soon as well. You?
Reply 388
Original post by Naomi12
Just logged on and saw the same thing - annoying of them not to email! Does yours say 'Review Status: Requisition Closed'? I suppose the only question is whether that might just mean people can no longer apply for the role and they're still reviewing our apps?

I've had rejections from PA Consulting, and McKinsey following the PST, I've done the tests for Strategy& which I've passed but am waiting to hear if I'm shortlisted for interview and have applied but heard nothing from LEK, OC&C and Roland Berger. Need to send off a BCG app soon as well. You?

Mine just says "Review Status: Closed". Maybe but I'm not sure.

I've applied for McKinsey (second deadline), BCG, LEK, OC&C, Parthenon-EY and Roland Berger as well. Haven't heard anything from them.

Also, passed the tests for Deloitte (Strategy), Strategy& and did the test for Oliver Wyman.

I know McKinsey, BCG, LEK, EY and Strategy& are all non-rolling so they don't look at applications until after the deadline so we won't hear from them until after. Some of them liike Strategy& gave us timelines and dates for when we should hear back. Otherwise nothing.
Original post by kohakz
Mine just says "Review Status: Closed". Maybe but I'm not sure.

I've applied for McKinsey (second deadline), BCG, LEK, OC&C, Parthenon-EY and Roland Berger as well. Haven't heard anything from them.

Also, passed the tests for Deloitte (Strategy), Strategy& and did the test for Oliver Wyman.

I know McKinsey, BCG, LEK, EY and Strategy& are all non-rolling so they don't look at applications until after the deadline so we won't hear from them until after. Some of them liike Strategy& gave us timelines and dates for when we should hear back. Otherwise nothing.

I've just got an email from them saying I'm through to the next round - video interview. Have you heard anything?
Has anyone heard back from Parthenon's Summer Internship?

The deadline was the 5th January and we were meant to have heard back within a week of the deadline.
Reply 391
Original post by Naomi12
I've just got an email from them saying I'm through to the next round - video interview. Have you heard anything?

Nope so I'm surely rejected XD. Well done though and good luck with it all. Do you have any offers so far from other apps? Also has anyone heard back from Roland Berger?
Hey guys so I have applied to the EY consultancy summer internship and I have been rejected after the numerical and verbal reasoning. The question is can I apply again come September?

Thanks
Original post by kaboon-supreme
Hey guys so I have applied to the EY consultancy summer internship and I have been rejected after the numerical and verbal reasoning. The question is can I apply again come September?

Thanks

Yeah.
Is there a ranking of consulting firms?

Where do the likes of the Big 4 like PwC fall in comparison to say McKinsey?
Original post by OneTimer
Is there a ranking of consulting firms?

Where do the likes of the Big 4 like PwC fall in comparison to say McKinsey?

non-Strat& is like tier 3.

roughly MBB are tier 1
non-MBB strategy houses tier 2
big4 + ACN tier 3
IBM, Capgem, etc tier 4
then all the rest

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
non-Strat& is like tier 3.

roughly MBB are tier 1
non-MBB strategy houses tier 2
big4 + ACN tier 3
IBM, Capgem, etc tier 4
then all the rest

Posted from TSR Mobile

This isn't true. Strategy& used to be Booz, re-read your post and agree sorry.

Tier 1 - MBB/Dalberg/Bridgespan
Tier 2 - LEK, Oliver Wyman, AT Kearney, Roland Berger, Credo, Strategy&, CVA, Parthenon, OC&C

The differences aren't that big between all of them in reality. Tier 2 often is actually harder to get in than tier 1. Getting into Mckinsey in Germany is relatively straightforward vs. AT Kearney in London for example.

Tier 3 - Eden McCallum, Integration, other small strategy houses etc
Tier 4 - Big 4, Capgem, Accenture etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
What's the measure for the tiers?
Original post by OneTimer
What's the measure for the tiers?

Just based on my experience having applied to the industry twice and going to many talks, and starting soon in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard back from AON after video interview?

Quick Reply

Latest