The Student Room Group

Re-take

Ok so I had a meeting with my headmaster and we discussed what to do after receiving my disappointing AS results in which I completely failed everything. I'll be retaking my first year, so my question is, what ways can I approach this year again? I now feel there's a motivation to actually do some work, unlike the year I just wasted. If anyone has any advice, let me know please. Ty
Reply 1
Well first you need to identify where you went wrong, and then decide what to do. Was it lack of revision? Maybe the subjects you chose are not for you?
Original post by drowzee
Well first you need to identify where you went wrong, and then decide what to do. Was it lack of revision? Maybe the subjects you chose are not for you?

I think the subjects I've chosen (Bio, Chem and Maths) are the ones for me, purely because this summer I have done some work experience, and I kinda want to become a Radiographer and ever since my 2nd or 3rd day there, I want to ace all my exams and am willing to do anything I can to get into uni
Reply 3
Original post by DarthGrizzly
I think the subjects I've chosen (Bio, Chem and Maths) are the ones for me, purely because this summer I have done some work experience, and I kinda want to become a Radiographer and ever since my 2nd or 3rd day there, I want to ace all my exams and am willing to do anything I can to get into uni

Okay, so it must be the lack of revision and/or your revision technique. Make sure you work hard for day one, but don't burn yourself too early on. Slowly build up. Also, find out what works best for you. Remember, do ALL the past papers (inc. Solomon for maths), specimen papers etc.
Original post by drowzee
Okay, so it must be the lack of revision and/or your revision technique. Make sure you work hard for day one, but don't burn yourself too early on. Slowly build up. Also, find out what works best for you. Remember, do ALL the past papers (inc. Solomon for maths), specimen papers etc.

Yeah, to be honest, I can't revise, I know it sounds ****y, but I've tried so many ways, and none seemed to work, so I'll try other ways I've been told, but thanks for the advice

Quick Reply

Latest